BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
648 Posts
I need to have a duplicate set of keys made. Were is a good place in the Bay area, or is this a dealer item? Thanks
Dealer only as far as I know. I just picked up a spare for mine today. Only took 2 business days. I dont know where the rumor came from that it requires 2 weeks to be shipped from germany, but that is not the case. They are expensive, however. I got the plastic spare key and it was $61. The primary keys with remote lock, trunk, ect are $210 a pop.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I picked up a primary about $62 a vale $53 and a plastic free. only took about 3 or 4 days to get 'em from the dealer

·
Registered
26 Posts
I have one key that won't work, seems to not be able to hold a charge. I have tried charging it, using it while running errands, but it still won't work.

I may have to make the trip to the dealer and get a new one.

-Craig-

·
Registered
77 Posts
I was told when they ship our cars they ship with a limited amount of keys that are kept ...... somwhere..... Who know's, could be secret. Anyway I was told I only had 3-4 keys left so be careful. Plus the cost was crazy, like $150, it's been a long time. A dealer option for sure, WalMart doesn't have the chip. :) I think I remember somone saying they come from Jersy.

·
Registered
345 Posts
I have one key that won't work, seems to not be able to hold a charge. I have tried charging it, using it while running errands, but it still won't work.

I may have to make the trip to the dealer and get a new one.

-Craig-
Try using that key on a long trip. I couldn't get mine to charge on short hops
and the instructions say to take long trip to charge.
instructions for a key that's when you know you drive an M5 :hihi:

·
Registered
26 Posts
Try using that key on a long trip. I couldn't get mine to charge on short hops
and the instructions say to take long trip to charge.
instructions for a key that's when you know you drive an M5 :hihi:
Thanks, I will see if I can log some miles in the coming weeks.:M5launch:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts