BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ever since NY went into a deep freeze last week, my car is not responding when my key is near the car... even when I get in the car I still have to insert the key to start the car... Does anyone know whats going.. I'm hoping its something simple...

THANKS IN ADVANCE

·
Registered
422 Posts
im in montreal, same issue, if you dont have a garage ask a friend to put your car for a few hours to warm it up, also make sure your key battery is good, drive the car with the key inside the keyhole and check if it warns you that the key batt is low, i usually put the key in at least once a week to recharge that battery

·
Registered
77 Posts
Yes, I would check the battery in the key fob as well. The dashboard will display a battery with key sign if battery is low. The battery does not charge when inserted in the slot when you have comfort access. The battery only charges when you do not have comfort access.

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
If you have comfort access then putting the key in the ignition does not charge the battery, so it has been said on this forum, you need to open the back and change the battery.

If that still does not work then search on diversity antenna as mine was almost dead and now it works from 50 yards away, as I tested it by locking my doors.

·
Registered
162 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I do have comfort access.. and the car is not giving me a low battery signal.. ill change the battery in the FOB just to see if that works

·
Registered
13,456 Posts

·
Registered
422 Posts
You guys were right!!!! i have comfort access and my batt has been showing low batt for like 4 months+ i just popped it out tested it, 2.89volt, popped a new one in, 3.3volt, beautiful!!!!!!!! :) life is good! :applause:

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
You guys were right!!!! i have comfort access and my batt has been showing low batt for like 4 months+ i just popped it out tested it, 2.89volt, popped a new one in, 3.3volt, beautiful!!!!!!!! :) life is good! :applause:
LOL well I am glad someone found this thread useful :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
317 Posts
Great thread. I to may need the diversity antennae replaced.:M5launch::M5launch:

·
Registered
13,456 Posts
I have to give Kudos to MIGHTY5 as he replaced mine for me on a visit down to Socal........at least he is good for something HAHA!!
Before I would walk right up to the door and touch the handle and nothing......it would not even lock when I touched it, now it is like a new car again lovelove

1 - 10 of 10 Posts