BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I got my New Kelleners sport exhaust today in the mail, and Rob (S/C Kelleners) is picking up my supersprint X-pipe in houston Today, I will try to install tommorow and post pics if anybody wants, I am freakin excitedkinggf , Josh

P.S. Thanks Sam for the exhaust and Joel at Bavarian Hypersports for the X-pipe

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
It is going to transform your car... It did mine.. I found myself getting on the gas early, staying in a lower gear a little longer, just to relish in the sound..

I am sure you will be very happy!

·
Registered
108 Posts
I am looking into getting a set also, and was wondering where you purchased it from , and how smooth the transaction was?

Thanks, Hector

bmwusa said:
I got my New Kelleners sport exhaust today in the mail, and Rob (S/C Kelleners) is picking up my supersprint X-pipe in houston Today, I will try to install tommorow and post pics if anybody wants, I am freakin excitedkinggf , Josh

P.S. Thanks Sam for the exhaust and Joel at Bavarian Hypersports for the X-pipe

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
I still love the noise :M5launch: of my Kelleners. Let me know if you find it too boomy, with dynomat it's perfect - Distant ferrari with the windows up, silent inside on the motorway. Let the windows down and it's Lemans right outside :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hector, I bought the x-pipe from Bavarian Hyoer sports in Houston, no problems and good service, And I bought the exhaust from a board members friend who sells parts out in CA, both transactions were smooth, but it did take a long time for the Kelleners to get here. Everyone else, thanks for the comments:M5thumbs: , I am excited. I was wondering though, I am thinking about going to the Base hobby shop and doing the install myself tommorrow and I have searched and found some pretty good directions, but they all make mention of a sealant compound, does anybody know what its called and can I buy it at places like pep boys? Thanks Josh

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Any comment on the sealant used on the joints? Thanks in advance, Josh

·
Registered
366 Posts
I have the Eisenman (same as Kelleners) and the xpipe, and it seems boomy to me and I LIKE it loud, so MCHAP and I are trading, his Dinan for my Eisenmann. It's wicked sounding for sure, so we'll see how the guys up at my firm react to the hopefully a bit quieter Dinan. I won't mind shaving a few pounds either...............stay tuned.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just came from Lowes, just bought a sawsall to cut the pipe, now all I am waiting for is Rob to get into town with my X-pipe, should be on by the end of the day, unless I screw something up, Josh

·
10,458 Posts
ALEV8 said:
I have the Eisenman (same as Kelleners) and the xpipe, and it seems boomy to me and I LIKE it loud, so MCHAP and I are trading, his Dinan for my Eisenmann. It's wicked sounding for sure, so we'll see how the guys up at my firm react to the hopefully a bit quieter Dinan. I won't mind shaving a few pounds either...............stay tuned.
I think the dinan mufflers with the OE resonators will be heavier than the eisenmans and the x pipe. If you're just trading mufflers, keep in mind that dinan and the x pipe is also pretty loud.
Mike

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
ALEV8 said:
Dyno mat extreme line the boot and under the rear seat. Massive difference, you have to try hard to get boom .........

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Just got the exhaust on about an hour ago, and I couldnt be happier, it sounds awesome, exactly what I was looking for, I took pics and I am planning on making a DIY Kelleners and supersprint install guide, for those who want to try this, it took about two hours and allot of time was waiting for more sawsall blades, we were burning them up cutting through the stainless, or maybe operator error ouich , Josh

·
Registered
612 Posts
bmwusa said:
And I bought the exhaust from a board members friend who sells parts out in CA, both transactions were smooth, but it did take a long time for the Kelleners to get here. Thanks Josh
Hello Josh,
Let me try this again. I just tried to post this reply and it didn't seem to go through. I'm sorry if it shows up twice!ouich

Anyway, who did you get the Kelleners from and how much did they cost? How long did they take to arrive? (Please PM me on this if you don't want to post the info.)

I am in California and I probably will put Kelleners on my Beast as my first mod. Please keep us informed if you feel that it is too loud or boomy.

Thank you Josh!
Best Wishes,
Alfred

·
Registered
770 Posts
Stickman said:
Hello Josh,
Let me try this again. I just tried to post this reply and it didn't seem to go through. I'm sorry if it shows up twice!ouich

Anyway, who did you get the Kelleners from and how much did they cost? How long did they take to arrive? (Please PM me on this if you don't want to post the info.)

I am in California and I probably will put Kelleners on my Beast as my first mod. Please keep us informed if you feel that it is too loud or boomy.

Thank you Josh!
Best Wishes,
Alfred
HI Alfred

I don't know what they paid but Sams number is 310-877-8715 he's in Westwood right off the 405 so not to far from you.

Sean

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Hey Alfred I will send you a PM , and for all that are interested, Kin has hosted three sound clips of my Kelleners and Robs Kelleners under the Host Thread and Sean from D/A has them hosted them and linked them up to the S/C Kelleners for sale thread for any one who wants to listen. The install went smoothly and I have around 60 miles on the exhaust and I still love them, IMHO they are not too boomy and with the windows up the exhaust note is hardly noticable when cruising down the highway, their is no ressonance to be heard at cruise, I like them:byebye: Josh

1 - 17 of 17 Posts