1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
314 Posts
Buff!

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
GTR doesn't stand a chance on a straight road at higer speeds :) Put some twisty bits in and some low short sprint straights it will destroy the M though :(

·
Registered
977 Posts
True but when do you drive like the stig with twists and turns to work or the shops? Never, to be honest I can't find anything better for less or more money in a sedan form.

Stormster big thumbs up to your car against the Gtr. Can't beat the M5!

·
Registered
1,449 Posts
Nice!!!!!!!! Your M6 is running strong :)

·
Registered
1,482 Posts
True but when do you drive like the stig with twists and turns to work or the shops? Never, to be honest I can't find anything better for less or more money in a sedan form.

Stormster big thumbs up to your car against the Gtr. Can't beat the M5!
hehe thanks, it's a shame we ran out of runway at 1.5miles would have continued to make the gap bigger and bigger :byee55amg

·
Registered
1,331 Posts
wow that M6 sounds nice !

Reactions: M5aud

·
Registered
467 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for the comments guys, my car does put some serious power at high speeds due to the big profile camshafts I guess. My friend went nuts after seeing the outcome, he actually had a bet with me thinking he was going to beat me, lol! The mods on my car do sacrifice some low end power but goes crazy up high since the 296 duration shrick camshafts remove power from down low and adds it at high RPM's and the same story with the supersprint headers, this is the list of mods done to my car by kelleners-sport:

Shrick camshafts (296 duration)
Supersprint headers
Secondary high flow race cats (100 cell)
Kelleners-sport rear mufflers which are actually eisenmann race mufflers with a kelleners badge
BMC air filters
A custom ecu tune for all the above mods
I added RPI scoops
A full 15'' brembo BBK set
Ac schnitzer type V wheels with spacers and H&R springs.

·
Registered
1,524 Posts
Thanks for the comments guys, my car does put some serious power at high speeds due to the big profile camshafts I guess. My friend went nuts after seeing the outcome, he actually had a bet with me thinking he was going to beat me, lol! The mods on my car do sacrifice some low end power but goes crazy up high since the 296 duration shrick camshafts remove power from down low and adds it at high RPM's and the same story with the supersprint headers, this is the list of mods done to my car by kelleners-sport:

Shrick camshafts (296 duration)
Supersprint headers
Secondary high flow race cats (100 cell)
Kelleners-sport rear mufflers which are actually eisenmann race mufflers with a kelleners badge
BMC air filters
A custom ecu tune for all the above mods
I added RPI scoops
A full 15'' brembo BBK set
Ac schnitzer type V wheels with spacers and H&R springs.
Pretty impressive!

Have you ever data logged your car with a vbox? Just curious how fast it is up top.

Tom

·
Registered
7,348 Posts
Anyone else notice the tach on the GTR? It looks like he is shifting waaaaaaay before redline??
Can you see the redline? He was shifting a bit after 7000rpm and I think that's where redline is for the GTR. I think you're looking at the bright amber portion of that gauge and confusing it as the redline mark.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Put downpipes and a stage 2 tune on the GTR and M6 has no chance dosnt matter the speed.

The new V8 TT motors should put the M's back into competition again.

·
Registered
2,065 Posts
Put downpipes and a stage 2 tune on the GTR and M6 has no chance dosnt matter the speed.

That´s like saying: "put superchargers in the M6 and the GT-R has no chance". There is always somebody that is faster out there...

·
Registered
1,524 Posts

+1

I just have HKS drop-in filters, AAM resonated Mid-pipe and Cobb stage 2 (93 octane) tune on my GT-R. From a standstill (not trying to optimize my gear), I data logged my GT-R's acceleration on my vbox. On that run, my 60-130mph time was 8.45s (the same exact 60-130mph time as my old Kleemann tuned CL65). That is why I was curious if this Kelleners M6 had any data logged times.

Tom

·
Registered
568 Posts

That´s like saying: "put superchargers in the M6 and the GT-R has no chance". There is always somebody that is faster out there...
The M6 had more mods so natuarlly I would expect it to be faster. Putting more mods or at least going with downpipes and stage 2 tune as suggested by Rab Dog would even things out, and more likely tip it in favor of GT-R. That would be a more balanced match up.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts