BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
757 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As many of you will know, I've replaced everything up front with the exception of the Steering Box, tried a couple of times to have it adjusted by different dealers, been told by one, itr can't be adjusted, told by another that they wont as it makes the car dangerous due to tight spots etc.

I've had my KDS done twice now, by different dealers, last time was before the front top mounts and a few other items were replaced, I was advised that I didn't need to have it done again, and I'm wondering what your collective thoughts on the matter are.

I've spent far too much money to call it a day now, but at the same time I simply don't wish to go to the expense of having a new Steering Box if that will not solve my problem.

Current problems (again), slight steering pull to the left and the need to constantly correct the wheel on the motorway etc, made worse by high winds etc.

Before I had the shockers, top mounts etc done, it would not just pull to the left but also sometimes to the right, it very rarely does that now, if at all.

BTW, on bends things are pretty much they way I think they are meant to be.

If only life was not just one big roundabout :confused3

·
Registered
62 Posts
No disrespect intended mate but if it was my car I would get the opinion of an auto engineer possibly someone with a motorsport background to drive the car and see what they think.

If it helps, I dont think I have ever driven a car that won't drift slightly..

Wish I could help more.

Kind regards Andy S.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts