BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone know where I can get my car KDS aligned in Herts or West London? Is it only BMW dealers who have the proper equipment? Should I fit new tyres for best results?

Thanks.
Dan.

·
Registered
159 Posts
Took mine to Hemel Discount Tyre & Wheel, and can highly recommend them. Dont let the name put you off, they did a good job on my car, and are well thought of on other boards.

I got sat down during and after the tracking to explain what they had found and what they were going to do and if I was happy with it. First time for me with a tyre outfit so top marks. Also balanced all four wheels up at the same time.

Price came in under quote as well, so happy to give the thumbs up.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hi JED, I really need to get the ride height adjusted and then the tracking checked once its correct.
This has to be done with the rear axle fully loaded (200kg!) Did they do this when they did your car?

·
Registered
1,618 Posts
I think these guys have all of the kit needed and will do a better job than BMW.

JZ Machtech
Unit 4
Langley Wharf
Railway Terrace
KINGS LANGLEY​

WD4 8JE
Tel: 01923 269788

Northway Tyres opposite Scothalls in Bushey Mills Lane Watford have the Hunter Pro Alignment kit which is about as good as you can get and they I am sure do all the BMW work from across the road. Give them a call.

Reactions: Dan Kelly

·
Registered
159 Posts
Hi JED, I really need to get the ride height adjusted and then the tracking checked once its correct.
This has to be done with the rear axle fully loaded (200kg!) Did they do this when they did your car?

Yes, they do. They also do the toe in at the rear, which a number of places that I called said couldnt be done.

Best speak to a couple of places to see which seem most knowledgable. Its well worth getting right, as it made a world of differance on my car.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts