BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Re: Kalbas, welcome back!

Welcome back indeed,

how was your experience with the CLK DTM? Its a real astonishing car!

Matt

·
Registered
25 Posts

Welcome back! Can't wait for your pictures and stories ! :wroom:

·
Registered
61 Posts

lets hear some stories Kalbas when you have recovered from the 3,000 mile journey.

I saw you arrive at the Florence checkpoint and the "semi" donut you did when you realised the turning for the checkpoint was on your left (up the little road to the restaurant: 'La Loggia'--Lovely restaurant it was!). You certainly pleased the crowds when you turned the car in such the way that you did !!

:cheers:

:thumbsup:

Regards,

Louis

·
Registered
10 Posts

Loui said:
lets hear some stories Kalbas when you have recovered from the 3,000 mile journey.

I saw you arrive at the Florence checkpoint and the "semi" donut you did when you realised the turning for the checkpoint was on your left (up the little road to the restaurant: 'La Loggia'--Lovely restaurant it was!). You certainly pleased the crowds when you turned the car in such the way that you did !!

:cheers:

:thumbsup:

Regards,

Louis
Yeah he was definitively the best one :1:

·
Registered
61 Posts

The Lamborghini Countach guys were also crowd pleasers. The Lamborghini Countach had SUCH A LOVELY sound to it. When he left the La Loggia (Florence Checkpoint), he really let people see what the car could do. An when he let off the gas at the top of the road befor ethe bend, the popping of the exhausts I shall not forget for a long time.

Regards,

Louis

·
Registered
13 Posts

When I first saw the pic of this "Exagerate" CLK i thought "Nooo it's impossible...it couldnt be the DTM........YEAH IT IS!!!"

Great!!!

Just waitin for a report about the Rally..but expecially about the car!

Vittorio

·
Registered
103 Posts

Hi Guys!!
Thanks for the nice words!!
CLK is an amazing car!!
We are sorting out the pics. Upload as soon as we finished.
Videos have been given to the ADDX magazine for a special DVD to be realeased soon.
As soon as we get the tapes back from them, I will upload some cool footage. Especailly the run w/ the blue 550hp blue W/ white stripes 996 TT between Messina and Taormina!! 30 miles of pure lunacy trying to pass Spencer!!
Can't wait to see if the tapes are as cool as the ride was!!
Thanks all, and it is true: Gumball R.O.C.K.S!!!!!!!!!!
Allow me some patience for the report ans pics.
Thanks
KALBAS
:byee55amg

·
Registered
61 Posts

Kalbas said:
Hi Guys!!
CLK is an amazing car!!
Videos have been given to the ADDX magazine for a special DVD to be realeased soon.
As soon as we get the tapes back from them, I will upload some cool footage. Especailly the run w/ the blue 550hp blue W/ white stripes 996 TT between Messina and Taormina!! 30 miles of pure lunacy trying to pass Spencer!!
Thanks
KALBAS

30 mins trying to pass spencer in his 996 TT !! Look forward to seeing the footage once it is ready.

·
Registered
197 Posts

Kalbas said:
Hi Guys!!
CLK is an amazing car!!
Thanks
KALBAS
Great to hear from you, if you renember I met you at the Hilton on Friday night with you and your beautiful company
, I also spoke to you for a while on Saturday while you and your Co Driver were putting the Cameras into the cars.

I still have the picture I took of you wearing your shirt, if you want to I can send it to you via PM.

Take care, it was a pleasure to meet you and I am very much looking forward to your Videos,

Hendrik:byee55amg:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
120 Posts
Kalbas has done the Paris to Dakar as well :cheers:

·
Registered
13 Posts
Wow....can't wait to see that video and pictures...

I've met Spencer's Turbo on the highway [before stopping to the Autogrill where i've made the pics]...he was runnin with the red F430 with black stripes...i was goin slow waitin for Gumballars...about 100km/h [my friends in Florence told me they had left the check point]...i've tried to accelerate...but at *20km/h they still went faster...:D

Anyway...I'll wait [as the others i suppose] for pics and videos :D

Bye

Vittorio

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Kalbas

There was a black CLK-DTM in front of the hotel Georges V in Paris some months ago. It was this one ?

A french friend's photo (in January) :

And my photos of the CLK in London (14th May) :

It's really a nice and a cool car ... and a cool man inside !!! :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
54 Posts
Awesome car.

How would you compare it the Enzo Ferrari?

Ferrari > Mercedes

Don't tell me otherwise. ;)

·
Registered
15 Posts
TheGumballer said:
Hi Kalbas

There was a black CLK-DTM in front of the hotel Georges V in Paris some months ago. It was this one ?

A french friend's photo (in January) :

Truly remarkable, or how such beauty cannot remain unnoticed

By the way, something i found somewhere else;

Remy's Mercedes CLK DTM is one step away from a Death Star, with more electronics in it than Dixons and none of it for show. He's got a rear view camera piped through to an LCD screen on the dash, to save using the mirrors. It has an onboard PC with broadband internet access, which he uses to get new tunes when he's bored of his CDs, and it did have a CB but he ripped the aerial off because the extra drag was costing him 4mph off the top end (around 195mph). Like lots of the Gumballers he has a videocamera bolted to the dash, but I doubt many of them went to the trouble of getting an image stabilisation mounting for it. And although he has so many radar detectors, reflectors and scramblers that when he pulls into motorway services the toilets stop automatically flushing, and he also has a pair of binoculars for the passenger to spot cops with. It may seem ridiculous but at 180 mph he covers a mile every 20 seconds!
:M5thumbs:

1 - 20 of 63 Posts