BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All,
I have just bought a K-Sport 356mm 8-Pot Front big brake kit for my E39 M5.

I am having a problem with the installation and was wondering if anyone else has come across this problem or maybe can point the obvious out as to what im doing wrong here.

As you can see from the pics, I cant get the caliper close enough to the centre of the disc so that the pad has full contact with the disc. There is a 3-4mm of pad overhanging of the outside edge of the disc.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Its as if the caliper mounting bracket is slightly out of line. I can get the caliper closer to the hub so that the pad is covering the surface of the disc but as soon as I align the caliper to the mounting bracket it knocks it out of alignment again.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
Try clicking on them.
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic hence the smiley face. They are ridiculously huge when you view the full pictures.

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
I'm pretty sure he was being sarcastic hence the smiley face. They are ridiculously huge when you view the full pictures.
If that's the case, then I missed it :(

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Report back once you have contacted the supplier. I'm tempted by a set of these.
They supply pads directly from the AP calipers. They assured me that they were perfectly OK and safe to be as pictured above. I wasn't happy with that so I got my grinder and took about 4mm off the pads where they sit against the caliper. They fit perfect now!

·
Registered
3,782 Posts
is this after you pumped your brake pedal?

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Just an update, I am very pleased with the kit apart from the original fitting problems with the pads. If you are interested in the kit and dont want to modify the AP pads to fit, you can simply ask for the K-Sport ones although braking performance is said to not be as good as the AP variants. As shown below pads are now fitting correctly against the disc.

·
Registered
54 Posts
did you need to buy anything outside the kit purchased for your install ,are you using the standard 18'' wheel .Also brake wear sensors are they retained or not used .Looking into BBK kits at the moment any feedback would be great

·
Registered
798 Posts
*sigh...you get what you pay for:nono:....should've went with Stoptech :S

·
Registered
149 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Still overhanging though......
No. A slightly outdated pic, they sit perfectly now.

The kit fits without an additional hardware, all is included with the kit and they fit under standard style 65 18" alloys. Don't let this post put anyone off the kit, if you don't want the hassle with the pads just purchase the official k-sport pads.

K-sport UK have been very helpful and courteous throughout always getting back to me promptly and happy to help.

The kit is awesome quality and the stopping power is exceptional compared to stock. The calipers are a work of art, they look fantastic and quality is top notch. Very very pleased.

Fitment was very easy including all needed torque specs in the documents.

1 - 20 of 53 Posts