BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 319 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i just heared a bout it from the dealer in jordan he is a friend of mine very nice gay so k&n made a new filter for the m5 u will gain 21 php wow... i hope it will be deleverd soon .and her where to find http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?Prod=69-2003TFK

·
Registered
467 Posts
Intreasting! I was told by my instaler that the k&n dropins are all you need. He said the cones force hot air in the filter. Is that true

·
Registered
4,813 Posts
21 hp is not possible from an air filter but this cone system might allow for more air or even possibly cold air depending where it sucks the air from

·
Registered
487 Posts
Dinan is saying 25HP from his upcoming CAI.....

At the very least, there will be some good induction noise! Gosh, I just hope it is close to the Carrera GT.
i'll agree with th egood noise but dinan hasn't exactly been on top of things lately. in all honesty when did a collective ever get what an aftermarket manufacturer promised when it came to hp claims.

·
Registered
196 Posts
I just ordered mine for next day AM delivery. Even if I don't get 20hp, for $536 plus $96 shipping, that's not bad. It can't be any worse, right?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Holy [email protected]!!! Why am I of all people not the first to talk about this? Guess I wasn't checking the K&N site. Somewhere along the way, they must have got a 2006 or 2007 to test out as another car and not get the error I'm getting, or they're just taking the risk on the product for now. Either way, glad to see it listed. I'll check in with my contact first thing Monday and find out what's up. Also, since it looks like they're "official" now, they owe me a full dyno chart including torque curve.

BTW: The dyno results are from my car. The "before" numbers are without the charcoal filter, so don't poo-poo the results as only partly from the intakes and partly from the charcoal filter removal. The rumours coming from people who have spoken with Dinan, including one of my own conversations with them, is that the Dinan intakes will be very impressive for performance.

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Is this the same setup JamesInLV had when K&N used his car to do test fittings and trial runs?
I recalled in previous thread that his car got demo at riverside facility, but I thought they have some problem during the testing. Don't recall exactly what happen. As long as this mod not degrade the current performance, just a ozzz sound would be worth for <$600, but I will rather wait for Dinan.

Sorry, I was writing while JamesInLV posted. Can u elaborate more on what problem/error they have during the testing on your car?

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Darren (and all)...to repeat what I just put in my post, the "before" dyno was my car without charcoal filters. When I first brought the car to them in August 2006 for a week, I was clear that the charcoal filters had been removed, and that if they wanted the enthusiast world to really believe in them, they would do a before and after with a car that had the charcoal filters removed. I told them that the typical enthusiast that is going to buy their product has already done the charcoal filter removal, and if they don't do it people are going to slam them on the results (I was only expecting them to be 10-15hp at most at the beginning anyway). They listened. I kind of chuckled looking at the dyno charts. The after dyno was done at 2:25pm, about 20 minutes before I arrived to pick up my car.

1 - 20 of 319 Posts