BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just thought I'd share my experience with you guys.. lol

Getting the beast ready for our trip to the car show this sunday so I had a bunch of parts ready to put on the car to make sure shes tip top.

The plan: After work go home and straight to the garage.. Todays plans were to change my front brakes(just changed the rears as well), change the sway bar bracket and sway bar link, pre cat 02 sensors, spark plugs, and fuel filter.

The actual work done: Starting at about 8:30pm I did the brakes which was pretty easy.. but then came the sway bar! That damn sway bar link had me struggling for hours to get it off and reinstalled with the sway bar and new bracket.

I FINISHED JUST MY BRAKES AND REAR SWAY BAR LINK AND BRACKET AT 2:30am!!!
So tired..
Plan for tomorrow/later tonight is to take care of the other stuff I missed now that these are out of the way

·
Registered
162 Posts
Well, now thats its done, it was worth it.....Right....?

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well, now thats its done, it was worth it.....Right....?
Of course! The link was such a pain because I couldn't remove the rear tire and there was such little space to work.. I had a tire shop repair a nail and they tightened the lug bolts too damn tight so I was pretty pissed about that last night.. I would have waited and done it later had I not already broken the pivot link PLUS when I turn the nut on the sway bar pivot link the whole screw was turning as well so I had to figure a way to manipulate the nut and get it off the screw.. PIA.

And Optimus I will be working on my performance issues tonight.. I was planning to do it last night but I was tired of working on my car and it was 2:30 in the morning.. zzzzz
I'll report back when I'm done with it..

·
Registered
1,548 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Just spectating.. Me and some guys were going to try to register to be in the show but we procrastinated until it was too late..
Would have been 2002 M5, 2010 S550 AMG, 2007 G35S Sedan, 2007 335i coupe, 2006 cls500, and an 04 mazda rx8 lol...
damn procrastination..

But finished the spark plugs and O2 sensors.. Gonna post some pics in a different thread so my peeps can help me analyze them!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts