BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
138 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've posted here the last 1 to 2 weeks. I'm 28 and live in Chicago. I'm looking to buy a M6 within the next month or so. I have a R230 SL500 now....had a CL500 before that. They are updating the SL this year a little which is part of the reason I am selling mine. M6 is a smooth car, though, and there aren't as many around this area.

I had considered a few cars along with the M6.....the new S550, the new CL550, the CLS 55/63, the new Jag XK. However, the Jag will probably be in the shop all the time......the new CLS is not as impressive in my view....plus I wanted a coupe. The S is way overpriced considering they are dime a dozen (leases are like $1500-2000). The new CL is smooth but those are $2k/month and I'd rather have a 500 HP M car than the normal 550.

·
Registered
991 Posts
Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU like Mac OS X; en) AppleWebKit/420.1 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/3.0 Mobile/4A102 Safari/419.3)

Welcome aboard! Can't go wrong with an M6. The Benz's are great cars but they have such a boring design, IMO. If you don't need back seats get a coupe. I love my M and its not due for update til 2012 if I'm not mistaken.

·
Registered
1,897 Posts
You are making the right choice...the M6 out of all the cars you listed is the most fun to drive!...the others are more luxury vs. the M6's sportiness.

·
Registered
155 Posts
Greeetings and welcome!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts