BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I unfortunately got a flat tire a few weeks ago on my rear tire (which I am sure you all know is a different size than the front tire), so my questions are this

1) Can I use a stock front rim/tire on both the front and rear tires if I got a flat?
2) If the answer to question 1 is yes, then I am looking for a front rim only (have 3 tires already) or
3) I looked at getting a donut but it looks like it is only good for 50 miles and oyu can only do 50 mph.... I guess space savings would be the benefit as opposed to a full size spare.

Thanks guys

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you - I appreciate you confirming..... I guess that makes me in the market for a stock 19 inch rim!

·
Registered
1,195 Posts
You aren't gong to be able to drive normally with mismatched rears anyway; and the little bimmerzone spare already takes a good bit of space, i dont know if a front would even fit in the forward end of the trunk,,,i'd go with a donut.

·
Registered
211 Posts
I have a spare front I use as a spare when go on long trips. I use tire tote and got one of the foam thing that sit on top of the spare and hold all the tire change tools and it all fit inside the tire tote. And the best place for the whole thing inside the trunk is at the right side rear corner with the recess, that way I still have enough trunk space for 4 people's luggage for the long weekend trip, with room left.

·
Registered
30 Posts
Old thread, but great info! I was going to start a new thread but i'm glad that i was able to find this.
Additional question - do you guys have a recommendation for the spare tire tools? Should I just pick up the bimmerzone ones or any generic tools will work?

·
Registered
685 Posts
What I did with my first m5 I had called tire rack and bought the smallest rim and tire that will clear ...both front and back.
Easy ..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts