BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi people


I just took delivery of my E60 M5 in silver grey.this car is out of the world.


Just one question since i bought the car from a private person who didnt want the car due to financial reasons .What is IDrive? and Drive Logic?


How do i set driving modes as most people talk about.


Sorry guys to ask these questions but i never buy the car from a BMW dealer so no explanation on all these questions

Whatelse should i know about?


Please help
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
13,638 Posts
Welcome aboard & congrats!

Please take it easy during the run-in period (no launch control, no P500, no VMax etc.).

:cheers:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Ashok Arora said:
Welcome aboard & congrats!

Please take it easy during the run-in period (no launch control, no P500, no VMax etc.).

:cheers:
Hi Ashok

What is P500 and Vmax????.Please excuse my ignorance
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
240 Posts
Welcome to the forum. It seems u need some education on ur M5. u need to ask the dealer to help u on everything. Anyways, IDrive is the name of the computer in the car; where all the entertainment(CD,FM,..), Navigation, etc.. are. If u'v never used one, them I recommend u to get help because it needs time to get used to the mouse(found behind the gearbox with a round shape). the power button gives u P400, 400hp, or P500, 507hp. Vmax is I think going at max speed and rev, so u have to stay at 5500rpm after 2000km.

The driving modes we r talkin about is found on the buttons on the gearbox. Also there's the M button on ur steering. Don't press it until 2000km and the gearbox speed setting to 4. u can find the MDrive setting on pressing on the middle mouse button, going to Vehicle setting, and then to MDrive setting.

if u need anythin else, I'm glad to help
.
 

·
Moderator Emeritus
Joined
·
2,823 Posts
You just may have to break down and read the owner's manual.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,655 Posts
am i the only one that gets a funny feeling about this post?

now, on a more serious note- google is your friend. also there is plenty info on this site. read, educate yourself, then ask specific questions...

alex
few cars
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
AJ said:
am i the only one that gets a funny feeling about this post?

now, on a more serious note- google is your friend. also there is plenty info on this site. read, educate yourself, then ask specific questions...

alex
few cars
Is it such a crime just to ask a question???????

Well from the replies from other FRIENDLY members i dont think it is


Thought maybe ill save some time searching through millions of posts,But anyways

Thanks guys for the advise
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,655 Posts
dude, nothing personal- dont know you- so i dont judge you. just curious- how can you chase down a rare car like the m5, pay lots of money for it (obviously you must be a car-fan like the rest of us) and... not know what idrive is? it just does not compute :confused2

again- in no way i want to offend you...

alex
few cars
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
AJ said:
dude, nothing personal- dont know you- so i dont judge you. just curious- how can you chase down a rare car like the m5, pay lots of money for it (obviously you must be a car-fan like the rest of us) and... not know what idrive is? it just does not compute :confused2

again- in no way i want to offend you...

alex
few cars
Its ok my friend

None taken
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
829 Posts
Sasheen said:
Hi people


I just took delivery of my E60 M5 in silver grey.this car is out of the world.


Just one question since i bought the car from a private person who didnt want the car due to financial reasons .What is IDrive? and Drive Logic?


How do i set driving modes as most people talk about.


Sorry guys to ask these questions but i never buy the car from a BMW dealer so no explanation on all these questions

Whatelse should i know about?


Please help
The first thing you need todo is start reading the owners manual :)

iDrive is the little turning knob on the center console and the computer screen on the dash. With it you can operate the cars computers. You can setup just about anything in the iDrive menus, too much to discuss right here but everything is explained in the manuals.

Drivelogic is the software which controls your gearbox, you can choose from several programs with the button below the shifterknod on the center console. All these programs are described in the owners manual.

The car can be set to several different modes. These modes affect your engine power, throthle response, suspension and differential. You can select these modes by using the "Power", "DSC" and "EDC" buttons located left of the shifterknob. All these buttons are also described in the manuals.

You can also setup more advanced driving modes in the iDrive menus.

Good luck reading the manuals.

Here is a picture of all the discussed buttons and knobs.
http://www.m5board.com/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=6594&sort=1&cat=548&page=1
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
69 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Guys


Thanks alot for the advise.Much appreciated
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
227 Posts
oh my god....I've been seeing more and more of you guy's posts about taking delivery that I am starting to get annoyed.....howcome mine is still not here....grrrrrrr .....one more month to go......

but anyways CONGRADULATIONS
and have fun :noSMG: and:M5rev:
 
1 - 14 of 14 Posts
Top