BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
'10 E63 M6 '21 AMG C63s '05 YZF-R1
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was actually in the market for another C63s coupe, which would be replacing my 49k mile 2010 M6 smg coupe. So while I was searching online to see what was available on the market nationwide so I could get a better idea of where to price my 2010 M6 for sale, I found a true gem. She's a carbon copy of my car, but with barely 12k miles. I just knew I had to own this once in a lifetime find. I immediately called the BMW dealership where it was listed, they confirmed the mileage and the Carfax checked out. I also got some history on the car from the sales rep who sold the car back in 2010 to its single owner. He's an older gentleman approaching 80 who was in love with these S85 M6's. He bought 4 of them throughout their 5 year run. He traded 2 of them back to this same dealer he purchased them from for a new BMW (I think M8). I knew it wouldn't last long, since at the time of its listing it was by far the lowest mileage S85 M6 listed for sale nationwide. I finalized the deal the same day, and had it transported from PA to TX enclosed within 3 days of carrier pick-up.

Yes, there are a few minor rock chips here and there, but that's to be expected of any 12 year old car regardless of mileage. Heck, my 3k mile C63s coupe already has a few chips on it from highway driving. But beyond that, the interior is impeccable, it cam with both factory keys and both car manuals. It drives like it just rolled off the factory plant, extremely smooth and effortless without so much as a squeak or rattle. So overall, I'm extremely pleased with the condition of this car. I plan on keeping it for life, so in 10 years with the way I drive, it might not even crack the 50k mark which is near where my original M6 is at now. I know some folks here are against buying ultra low mileage time capsules, but this single owner was a true V10 M6 enthusiast and took meticulous care of all his cars.

Another forum member has first dibs on my 49k mile M6. If that sale doesn't happen, I will re-list it here and elsewhere online. That car is paid off with a clean title in hand, so I'm not in a major hurry to sell it. Asking price: $35k.

Wheel Tire Automotive tire Vehicle Motor vehicle

Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Motor vehicle
Vehicle Gear shift Car Motor vehicle Steering wheel
Speedometer Odometer Tachometer White Car
View attachment 964664

·
Registered
'10 E63 M6 '21 AMG C63s '05 YZF-R1
186 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
A 10k mile 2008 E60 6MT just sold for a jaw dropping $127.5k! It's already been discussed on the E60 forum here.

If this sale shifts the playing field for the S85's, then mine should be worth close to 6 figures already just a few days after I bought it haha. Wishful thinking, I know. But there's no doubt that these S85's are getting harder and harder to find and interest in them has been on the rise. Which is good news for us S85 owners, bad news for buyers as many of them will soon get priced out of the market for clean, well maintained examples.

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST5
7,197 Posts
The only six figure digit associated with my 6MT are the number of miles I’ve put on her over the last 12 years…and the amount of dollars I’ve spent on maintenance and mods😂🤣😂.

Oh yeah…and the amount of fuel burned!!!!

·
Registered
2009 BMW E63 M6, Sapphire Black
698 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! Hagerty just sent me an email saying I may want to insure the M6 closer to 50K. email Subject was, "Your car is worth more than you think" I have it insured at 35K with them. Nothing on my 1990 Formula, I'm a bit insulted!!

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST5
7,197 Posts
Congrats on the purchase! Hagerty just sent me an email saying I may want to insure the M6 closer to 50K. email Subject was, "Your car is worth more than you think" I have it insured at 35K with them. Nothing on my 1990 Formula, I'm a bit insulted!!
Hagerty just wants more $$$$ in the premium :ROFLMAO:

They sent me an email to bump up my insurance for my e28m5 --and I did :unsure::cautious::ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
2009 BMW E63 M6, Sapphire Black
698 Posts
Hagerty just wants more $$$$ in the premium :ROFLMAO:

They sent me an email to bump up my insurance for my e28m5 --and I did :unsure::cautious::ROFLMAO:
Lol..... lets hope they are not on their way to bankruptcy!

• Haha
Reactions: Fiftytwoeighty
1 - 10 of 10 Posts