BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I took delivery of my jet black E39 //M5 last week in downtown chicago. I think I hit speeds upwards of 125+mph on the freeway leaving chicago. I had to back off the gas because I was starting to get scared of how quickly the car builds speed and also having my license suspended for clocking speeds over 120mph. The car was rock solid at 120mph Wow.. The car builds speed so effortlessly, it's scary. (all this without the sport button on!) This car is a beast..

I saw an older 323 and a 330 give chase on the freeway out of chicago. Safe to say they were playing catch up but the 330 driver gave a thumbs up... I knew then I'd made a good decision not to get the sport 540 a week earlier.

Accelerative pull into tripple digits in this car is deliciously brutal.
I'm not sure I'll ever outdrive this car. I think I'm starting to hold back when approaching insane speeds in this car for fear of crashing because the car begs for more and more aggressive throttle action. It almost feels weird driving this car slowly..
I think you almost have to be matured enough to handle what this car can give you or

1. You wreck the car
2. You kill somebody else in another car
3. Point 1 above plus you kill yourself

It's worth every penny but that is just me..

enjoy..

·
Registered
86 Posts
congratulations on your beast, and welcome to the board. It will be hard to get the grin off your face for a while.

·
Registered
947 Posts
Agreed, lets have some pix. Jet black is not a colour ive seen in the UK, so we're always interested!! :D

Agree on the speed, sounds like you have a sensible outlook, and 3 figures should only be visited on a track or where you're willing to take the risk on your own life and noone elses!

Happy beasting, wait till the mod bug hits :eek:h:

·
Registered
1,461 Posts
I'm sure I'm a little biased, as everyone else is on this board, but CONGRATS! Wonderful choice. I find that most people don't recognize my car (which surprises me, living in a college town), but every once in a while I see some people zooming up to challenge or just get a better look. Just be careful with the freeway speeds.. I noticed that my average on the interstates went from 80-85 in my previous car to 90+.. the car just wants to go. Stay alert for the speed traps!!

·
Registered
540 Posts
Welcome to the Board from a fellow Richmonder.

I recently sold my M5 but still come around here from time to time. You will find a lot of information here and lots of ideas on how to spend your money.

I am sitting on the sidelines but could jump back into the M fray at any time. I may even wait til the E60 is out for a bit.

good luck with your car

al

·
Registered
590 Posts
Congrats and good luck on you new car. I know what you mean, laying of that throttle is really hard. But in the interest of safety it's probably a good idea not to run up against the limiter on the street. :biggrin:

Be safe
Joe

·
Registered
87 Posts
Congratulation on your new M5. The Black is a beatiful color. Do you have a sport interior? I had mine M5 for a week now and I cannot stop having a big smile on my face, event the the awful traffic on our Beltway.

It is amazing but this car made me to drive slower, more relaxed, I guess I have nothing to prove anymore...

·
Registered
113 Posts
Congrats. I live in Chicago. Which dealership did you pick it up at?

There are a lot of speed traps in Chicago.

RKM

·
Registered
12,866 Posts
hudson said:
But in the interest of safety it's probably a good idea not to run up against the limiter on the street. :biggrin:

Be safe
Joe
No problem, power peak is at 6600, so the last few hundred rpm are just for show anyway!!! Shift up and move out! :M5launch: :cheers:
Regards,
Jerry

·
Registered
64 Posts
Congratulations on your new beast and excellent color choice :thumbsup:

Black is a bear to keep clean, but when its clean there is nothing like it :thumbsup:

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Congrats - we're all still grinning too :thumbsup:

·
Registered
225 Posts
Enjoy and KEEP GRINNING....I know I am...lol!

Robert

1 - 18 of 18 Posts