BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
MY PAIN!! Arrrrggghhhhh!!!!
(Hopefully the pics are attched)

SO I let the GF borrow the car to go to work last week....(need I say more?) and 20 minutes later, I get a hysterical phone call...

She claimed she hit a "small" rock on the expressway... You be the judge! hmmm hmmmhmmm hmmm

Yes, I know, my own stupid fault. At least no one got injured.
Just the wallet. Ouch!!!

Yes, I know, my own stupid fault.

2 new rims, 4 tires, R-side underpanel and a 4 wheel alighment later, the beast is back.

She is FORBIDDEN from even looking at the car anymore!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
1,345 Posts
An old wise gentlemen said to me when I was only 18 " Women don't drive they aim" It didn't mean much to me then but over the years it has made more and more sense ! :haha: hmmm :haha:

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
Carrera2RS said:
An old wise gentlemen said to me when I was only 18 " Women don't drive they aim" It didn't mean much to me then but over the years it has made more and more sense ! :haha: hmmm :haha:

LMAO.

That's a good one.

Pretty spectacular wheel damage... I suppose anyone can run into a curb that jumps out into the expressway, but that wasn't a 'little rock'... was it both rights, or two fronts?

Good to hear it is back- you're lucky there was no suspension damage... well, she's lucky...

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Carrera2RS said:
" Women don't drive they aim"
:biggrin: Words to live by. My wife, luckily, doesn't want to touch my car unless it's absolutely an emergency. Too bad there my friend. Too bad.

·
Registered
165 Posts
Now I know this an E39 forum, and not a wife forum, so I always assume that when in doubt, the forum will side towards the E39 :D. That said....

I remember an argument between a couple over a M5. She tried to drive out of garage, and went to turn to full lock, didnt realise the wheel was against the wall, carried on turning the wheel nonetheless! Power steering motor, and wheel dead.

He went ballistic, despite her being clearly really sorry. "Look, I don't even want these expensive cars anyway!", she cried. She made a valid point IMO, she'd have been as happy with a mondeo, but he wouldnt.

Remember, the other half is more important than a car, and if she is loving enough to let you buy the daym thing, well, that should mean enough. Go easy on her. Oh, and buy an old mondeo with her name on it ;)

As you say, its only $$ at the end of the day. Hard luck mate.

Stu

·
Registered
184 Posts
lsdvm said:
She claimed she hit a "small" rock on the expressway
Better look out if she starts asking for a "small" rock for her finger :biggrin:.

·
Registered
1,047 Posts
Ouch that must have hurt you looking at the damage on her.

I remeber when I was younger and was into mountain bikes, my gf then went for a spin on my £3000 mountain bike. As you know girls don't know much about front brakes and jammed on it. She flew over the bike and fell over... I ran up to her and first thing I said was "Is the bike ok?" hiha In retrospect looking back now I kinda feel bad as she must have been in enough pain already.

I guess you know now how much she means to you... could one love a car more? :hihi:

- Kin

·
Registered
1,158 Posts
Don't feel too bad. In the last 2-3 years, mine has done over 10k in damage to my BMWs from the various body work, and 2 clutches. Fortunately, insurance took care of most of the bodywork costs and 1 clutch was replaced under warranty. I never let her drive the M5, so that one was safe. hmmm hiha

·
Registered
540 Posts
WannaM5 said:
Better look out if she starts asking for a "small" rock for her finger :biggrin:.

a small rock, hmmmmmmm. I agree with wanna...her perception of rock size sounds proportionate to a guy's perception of 6" :1:

like everything else, this will pass

good luck

al

·
Registered
5,078 Posts
My wife only knows how to drive auto:7: She can't drive my m5:haha: :haha: :haha: hiha hiha hiha hiha

Sorry about your car glad to hear it's back on the road and no one was hurt:M5thumbs:

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
My wife continues to remind me that as long as there are 3 pedals on the floor, she will not drive my beast. :1:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Thats one heck of a small rock, glad you got her all fixed up though, Josh

·
Registered
590 Posts
Sorry to see the damage Isdvm. Nobody got hurt so only the wallet has tears. My wife is using my M5 this week and I hope I don't get a call like you got.
Glad you got it up and running again.

Joe

·
Registered
2,564 Posts
I am so sorry. I let my then GF drive my Triumph, and after spinning it a few times she didnt want to drive it again. We can only wish the E39 is that bad...
:cheers:

·
Registered
183 Posts
Am I seeing this right?? The first 2 pictures actually shows the rim got TORE right in the middle into 2 pieces??? WOW.. The force is strong in her... :p

·
Moderator Emeritus
2,977 Posts
Thank goodness the car didn´t crash. Be happy she drove slowly enough to manage to keep the car on the road, and away from other trafic.

Women are different. Sabine (of Ring-Taxi fame) is a woman.
My GF drives better than I.

David

1 - 20 of 38 Posts