BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
246 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hi all,

Just ordered 1 set of Evolve Eventuri Intakes in July. Arrived today. However, there are problems in my box.

Firstly, the serial number of my intakes should be No:39 told by Evolve. But the one I received was "no: 19" and the other one was "no:22". Why is that my intakes has 2 different serial numbers? Is it an old or used one? I have waited for a month so I belive they should order a new one for me. I got confused. :confused:

Secondly, the surface of the intake box were bad. And there are some scratches on it. It's not likely to be a new one. There is only a plastic bag without any protection for the air intake box. It's totally different with the package of another member posted here before. You can have a look here: http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e6...7538-evolve-eventuri-intakes-have-landed.html

Who has bought the intake also? Just want to know that, are all of the intakes the same quality of mine? Having 2 serial numbers in a set? Or something going wrong with my order? I am not satisfied with this item if this is the one I should get. I believe they had sent the wrong product to me. But why they have no checking before delivery? Just sent an email to Evolve today and waiting for response. :rolleyes:

Here are some photos:

Attachments

·
Registered
228 Posts
That would drive me nuts.

Reactions: The Engineer

·
Registered
201 Posts
That's OK if you are going to send the right one to me. Thx for your prompt response! :biggrinbounce:

I'm not sure, but IF YOU DID NOT reach out to Evolve directly first...then why not vs. blasting on the forum?:)

I never understood why some people choose to cry about something on the forum about this or that vs. working with the vendor directly as the initial and second stages then that's that.:3:

Nevertheless, it appears that Evolve got with you and will fix the issue...which in my mind was no big deal, but then again, I don't sweat little things like that.:M5rev:

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
man this thread is total BS to me....to the OP why go directly into bashing Evolve without giving them time to fix the issue? your first thought was to chronicle the mistake via a public thread before giving them time to rectify the issue? that's super Sh!**y of you in my opinion. not an attack, just how i see it. you started the thread to elicit feedback....this is mine ;)

Evolve is always responsive on the forum and from what ive seen always takes care of their customers - which appears to hold true given their response above. good luck with your new mod....

I'm not sure, but IF YOU DID NOT reach out to Evolve directly first...then why not vs. blasting on the forum?:)

I never understood why some people choose to cry about something on the forum about this or that vs. working with the vendor directly as the initial and second stages then that's that.:3:

Nevertheless, it appears that Evolve got with you and will fix the issue...which in my mind was no big deal, but then again, I don't sweat little things like that.:M5rev:

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
The company I worked for had similar problems with products shipped, we always appreciated it when customers gave us a chance to make it right, I would run out the door drive to our plant, the plant manger would stop one of the CNC machines a get a new part going while I waited, then I would deliver it to the job site in my truck the same day.

The next day when I had a moment to reflect on the high stakes high pressure business I was in, I realized every company I have ever worked at went above and beyond to satisfy a Customer, but in turn teated our vendors badly; it was SOP in the Industry since my company and all my competitors had terms (net 45-days) we where holding the Vendors money and made them jump through hoops to get it.

I sat there and wondered what if our vendors like to be treated by my company the same as we expected to be treated by our Customers, how that might improve relations to the point of having a competitive edge?

The business that I was in, Projects were always behind contract schedules, and thus our Customers were always under the gun, they could easily have gone to the General Contractor, Architect, Owner's Representative and use us as a convenient excuse for being behind on schedule.

My Companies very survival depended on repeated Bid invitations from General Contractors and my products being included in the Architects specified products on each project.

Thus having the end user's confidence shaken in the reliability of service provided by myself and the Company I represented due to Customer complaints was a sudden and irreversible death to our business.

Long story short by treating our Vendors as partners and looking after each others interest not just our own, we got lower prices due to efficiencies and synergies gained by the collaboration, and went on to get substantial increases in market share.

This may be looked at as off topic, but many doing business may learn something; if you ever need a favor from a Vendor down the road they will think back how they were treated in the first place, in the end you will always be treated and judged as you treat others.

·
Registered
3,940 Posts

man this thread is total BS to me....to the OP why go directly into bashing Evolve without giving them time to fix the issue? your first thought was to chronicle the mistake via a public thread before giving them time to rectify the issue? that's super Sh!**y of you in my opinion. not an attack, just how i see it. you started the thread to elicit feedback....this is mine ;)

Evolve is always responsive on the forum and from what ive seen always takes care of their customers - which appears to hold true given their response above. good luck with your new mod....
I agree. Reach out to the vendor first and give them a chance to correct the issue before you put them on blast. Looks like they simply packed the wrong intakes by accident. Not a big deal.. especially if they are willing to correct the issue and cover the shipping costs. Looks like you are already being taken care of.

Reactions: irishbimmer

·
Registered
47 Posts
It is a big deal, is it too much to get what you paid for first time, without having the hassle of having to return it and get a replacement.
Too many companies take the piss these days and if folks don't complain about it, it will carry on. They never seem to forget to charge you, I wonder why.
It is up to OP to use what ever medium he wishes to vent his frustration. Rant over

·
Registered
1,469 Posts
It is a big deal, is it too much to get what you paid for first time, without having the hassle of having to return it and get a replacement.
Too many companies take the piss these days and if folks don't complain about it, it will carry on. They never seem to forget to charge you, I wonder why.
It is up to OP to use what ever medium he wishes to vent his frustration. Rant over

Today's Consumer is getting exactly the quality they paid for. MBA grads have long been taught that providing quality gets you good write ups in Consumer reports and trade magazines, but if you instead provide the low price, the greedy Consumer will beat a path to your door.

Anyone out there; name one company known for quality in 60's and 70's that still has that same quality....I thought so, the one's that out of principle or deference to the founder tried to maintain quality in the face of the Walmart consumer mind set went out of business.

I read a SAE paper published in 1973 that was about a study on the cost of attaining quality, the conclusions where that having a failure in quality of up to 8% was the most profitable even when recalls and litigation were considered. GM did decide on the 5% target being more appropriate in that it provided less challenging for the marketing department to prop up the Brand image.

I do not know of a single corporation or company that has not taken advantage of the youth unemployment (better now) by ousting experienced baby boomers and replacing them with wet behind the ears (inexperienced) eager beavers.

The fact is if you do not follow this trend you become the high cost vendor and are done in a heart beat in the Internet age so easy to compare prices for any item you want.

It creates challenges for the small business owners but all their competitors face the same as well there is no other way to go to market or even have one.

We the consumer get to sleep in the bed of our making, it will get worse yet till we are willing to pay the highest price on an Internet comparison instead of always the lowest price.

·
Registered
422 Posts
I don't think that the OP was purposely putting Evolve on blast, I think he made a knee jerk reaction and was just sharing his experience on the forum and looking for instant feedback on his situation. It's great to see Evolve handle it so quickly, honest mistake on both ends.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I don't think that the OP was purposely putting Evolve on blast, I think he made a knee jerk reaction and was just sharing his experience on the forum and looking for instant feedback on his situation. It's great to see Evolve handle it so quickly, honest mistake on both ends.
i hate to sound negative....but thats why you have to think before you act. it takes time and effort to snap pics, upload them to the site and type of a full & lengthy recap of what happened....seems like it would have been energy better spent resolving the issue rather than tossing fuel on the flame....i think thats where ppl take issue. vendor and consumer is a symbiotic relationship....had Evolve been a bad vendor we would abhor their behavior.....its definitely possible to be a bad consumer too. just my humble opinion tho.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Today's Consumer is getting exactly the quality they paid for. MBA grads have long been taught that providing quality gets you good write ups in Consumer reports and trade magazines, but if you instead provide the low price, the greedy Consumer will beat a path to your door.

Anyone out there; name one company known for quality in 60's and 70's that still has that same quality....I thought so, the one's that out of principle or deference to the founder tried to maintain quality in the face of the Walmart consumer mind set went out of business.

I read a SAE paper published in 1973 that was about a study on the cost of attaining quality, the conclusions where that having a failure in quality of up to 8% was the most profitable even when recalls and litigation were considered. GM did decide on the 5% target being more appropriate in that it provided less challenging for the marketing department to prop up the Brand image.

I do not know of a single corporation or company that has not taken advantage of the youth unemployment (better now) by ousting experienced baby boomers and replacing them with wet behind the ears (inexperienced) eager beavers.

The fact is if you do not follow this trend you become the high cost vendor and are done in a heart beat in the Internet age so easy to compare prices for any item you want.

It creates challenges for the small business owners but all their competitors face the same as well there is no other way to go to market or even have one.

We the consumer get to sleep in the bed of our making, it will get worse yet till we are willing to pay the highest price on an Internet comparison instead of always the lowest price.

Please dont refer to the consumer as greedy, because without consumers business won't exist, it is this arrogance that we the consumers have to try and erradicate. Yes, we buy cheap products, there is nothing wrong with that. what is wrong, is when you spend your hard earned money on a product and it does not function as described, breaks down in no time or is faulty, and some dimwit starts lecturing you, saying you get what you paid for, as if its your fault for expecting the bear minimum after spending your money....

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
Don't know really what the fuss is about OP posting his experience with the product on the board. The product should have been packaged correctly before being shipped out. Had that been done, there would be no thread. I don't really feel OP is posting anything negative about the vendor. On the contrary, i think it makes Evolve come out good responding very quickly and trying to correct the problem plus free publicity people checking like me checking out the product on Evolve site. The Evolve intakes looks pretty good other than the packaging.

OP already paid for the product yes and he does not have the product as advertised. I don't see how it is OPs mistake.
Did OP make mistake paying for the product? I think NOT..

Reactions: michael33

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
Don't know really what the fuss is about OP posting his experience with the product on the board. The product should have been packaged correctly before being shipped out. Had that been done, there would be no thread. I don't really feel OP is posting anything negative about the vendor. On the contrary, i think it makes Evolve come out good responding very quickly and trying to correct the problem plus free publicity people checking like me checking out the product on Evolve site. The Evolve intakes looks pretty good other than the packaging.

OP already paid for the product yes and he does not have the product as advertised. I don't see how it is OPs mistake.
Did OP make mistake paying for the product? I think NOT..
so you'd act in the same manner had it been you?

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
so you'd act in the same manner had it been you?
Absolutely. Is the improper packaging OPs fault? How long should OP wait before posting? 2weeks, 2 months? 4months?
On the reverse, How long do you think Evolve would wait if they shipped out product and due to some mistake, OP did not pay?

It is a free country and OP has every right to post the condition of the product he received. Stop thinking like a vendor :7:
I know you have a shop and you do work. In my job, I support customers that pay top dollar to have infrastructure issue fixed right away, not tomorrow or next week. Sometimes, customer way of getting the attention of vendor may not be ideal but you don't blame the customer. You fix the problem period. Customer supports the business and no customer=no business. I don't think it is a big deal really. OP posted, vendor responded and they took matter private for resolution.

·
2,149 Posts
^+1 why is this thread still going lol OP had a issue, evolve responded first and right away, issue is has already been in the act of being taken care of.. Evolve customer service is great, so i trust Bilal from evolve when he says he will take care of it and make sure it doesn't happen again.

Thread closed >

1 - 20 of 34 Posts