BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
over the e34 M5, not just the body, but also the wheel arces/wheel-tire combo plus just the rear brake rotors is bigger than the front brake rotor of the e34 M5!

Damn...

Reactions: MattH

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thats because the current 3 series is actually the same size as the E34 . . .

Well said.

Making cars bigger nowdays, because familly keep growing while parking space keeps getting smaller and harder to park :crying:

·
Registered
89 Posts
New F80 M3 183.9 inches long X 73.9 inches wide compared to the E34 M5 at 185.8 inches long X 68.9 inches wide. Hows the E90 compare?
Well, the e90 is plenty comfortable, and handles surprsingly well for its size and awd. I was intent on picking up a Toyota landcruiser or one of the Lexus variants, but this nice one owner '06 330xi came up at one of the local car auctions and, noticing it was a 6m/t, I couldn't pass it up. I've put a couple thousand miles on it already (having had it for the better part of a month). It's a nice ride, but certainly nothing exciting, and it certainly doesn't compare to the E34. I will say that I like the color (sparkling graphite) much better than cosmos black of my e34. Oh, and it's nice not having to worry about the thing!

FWIW, I think the e90 is a bit heavier than my e34. The e90 is very well optioned, and my e34 is rather spartan, which I believe puts the e34 just under 3800lbs and the e90 just over.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Be careful with a comparison based on photos.
If the Lens is other than 50mm the image will have prospective issues.
I'm not saying the F10 isn't bigger just that the lens can affect the visual perspective.
Look at the size of the wheel on the F10 and E34.
The rear wheels are smaller than the fronts on both cars.
Less then 50mm lens makes the items in the distance look further away & smaller.
Greater than 50mm the items in the distance look closer & bigger.
What I see is a less than 50mm lens that is making all the cars behind the F10 progressively much smaller than they actually are.

·
Registered
826 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Be careful with a comparison based on photos.
If the Lens is other than 50mm the image will have prospective issues.
I'm not saying the F10 isn't bigger just that the lens can affect the visual perspective.
Look at the size of the wheel on the F10 and E34.
The rear wheels are smaller than the fronts on both cars.
Less then 50mm lens makes the items in the distance look further away & smaller.
Greater than 50mm the items in the distance look closer & bigger.
What I see is a less than 50mm lens that is making all the cars behind the F10 progressively much smaller than they actually are.
I know what you mean, you got a solid point there and I took it with my cellphone. However by standing in front of the cars close the deiffeence was near zero as pictured. I kept looking even the rear brake rotor was larger than the front e34 brake rotor by quite a lot.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts