BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Just realized FCP Euro does a lifetime replacement guarantee :)

6K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  Waitingondapig 
#1 ·
Not sure if others knew this so I thought I would post it up. I had to replace my spark plug tubes in my 650i as I found oil around the plugs when I did my plug maintenance last week. I had changed these a few years ago when I did the coolant cross over tube and oil cooler seal and purchased them from FCP Euro. Fortunately I had made an account with them so the invoice was in their system.

I was actually just looking back in my receipts trying to find where I got them from, but then realized they said they have the lifetime replacement on virtually anything they sell. Ordered up the replacements and will be shipping the previous ones back along with the valve cover gaskets I got from them as they were weeping and needed to be changed too. Yes, the 650’s have high maintenance too it seems, lol.

This was interesting since they also sell the throttle actuators and other high dollar items for our cars so if the lifetime thing is true and you plan on keeping your car like I do, this might be a pretty good thing for the future.

I’ll test this guarantee with my $145 usd worth of plug tubes and valve cover gaskets and see if this is truly a hassle free process like they say. Definitely have to create an account (I was fortunate I did originally ) with them if planning for the future as I’m not sure the proof of the original purchase could be proven easily otherwise.

I’ll post back up once I see how it goes. I do have to pay for the return shipping, but they said they didn’t care how it got back just as long as it does. The RMA document process was easy so let’s see if the rest goes the same way.

See less See more
#4 ·
It does say that they take returns on liquids as well as long as the containers are full. I was debating this as well for the oil and filter changes since the oil is pretty high for our cars, but wasn’t sure if that was pushing it as far as their guarantee goes, lol. I guess if they offer it, we should use it for sure. I know where my next 10 liters of oil will be coming from now if this return goes ok ?

#5 ·
I have sent back engine oil, transmission fluid, differential fluid and coolant no issues along with many other parts. Shipping is a little high to ship the stuff back, but it more than pays for itself in the long run.

#7 ·
Wondering the same . . . which goof at FCPEuro signed off on such a divination of marketing genius? Wholesale prices must be so low a bathtub full of venezuelan pesos could get you half a quart.

It does say that they take returns on liquids as well as long as the containers are full. I was debating this as well for the oil and filter changes since the oil is pretty high for our cars, but wasn’t sure if that was pushing it as far as their guarantee goes, lol. I guess if they offer it, we should use it for sure. I know where my next 10 liters of oil will be coming from now if this return goes ok ?
Hilarious. Screams dutch ancestry, btw.

#8 ·
yes, you send your used fluids. so, say for an oil change kits.....

1. 1st time.....order kit, used it as intended. (initial investment)

2. time for an oil change.....order another kit...

3. change oil, put used oil into oil container (save container from 1st time) put it in a bag and tape it (sort of how they send it. put oil filter in bag and back into the box. send it back. fill return form.

4. they refund you the money for the 2nd kit you ordered. at this point you will have only paid for shipping the used oil back to them.

and it works like that with almost everything they sell.

#9 ·
Got a full kit for oil replacement after AR424 did his oil change, bottles were a little greasy and the filter came black, but who cares.
Did the oil change and returned the used fluids and filter for refund.
When I cranked the engine with the new oil, a marvelous bearing fries smell filled the air.
I did a quick run around the block and get the fluids changed again, better to have clean fluid at all time, don't you think so?

It is very cost effective now, the only issue, is I spend more time draining the fluids than driving the car.
Minor issue considering the cost saving.
By the way, I intend to change rod bearings at each oil changes, just to make sure.

#10 ·
For those of you who have shipped an oil change back, I too was wondering what that cost would be, but it will still be cheaper than the $70+ oil change kits they have.

The ONLY time I would ever buy anything elsewhere is if there was an acceptable aftermarket part and the price of said part was significantly lower than FCP's and it wasn't something I was concerned about ever needing to replace again. Otherwise FCP. Well also Clem's thread, I would buy stuff there as that's a massive bargain anytime.

When you are issued the refund, do you get FCP store credit or do they just issue you the refund to your CC?

#13 ·
I have returned used parts to FCP without issue. Not sure how this "warranty" stuff works and for how much longer will they stay in business (let's be honest, even if you don't take into account abuse that this gets, it can get expensive for them in the long run), but its a genius marketing tool to make the customers switch.

#14 ·
It does seem kinda odd that they offer this, but I think the % is pretty low on the returns. Most people won’t keep a car more than a few years and you have to still own the car to return parts. Others simply don’t want to go to the trouble to ship things back.

Even for me, I returned the spark tubes and valve cover gaskets ‘cause they only lasted a couple of years and I felt they should have lasted much longer. I had to replace several other seals to do the job, but didn’t do the return on these as they were still good, just had to be changed to do the job, but I didn’t think it was fair to try to get more for free. I doubt I would ever return wear parts unless they did not hold up very long or something.

May be just me, but can’t imagine returning used fluids as that’s just part of owning a car. Plus if I returned my oil, I would have nothing to kill the grass that grows in my fence row, lol (jk tree huggers !)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.