BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Installation was a snap. Maybe it's my imagination, but the car does feel more responsive, especially mid to high RPM range. Also seems just a bit louder, maybe a little more of a growl?

I don't know if air filters can make these kind of differences, but so far I'm impressed. :flag:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
I did the same modification as my first when i purchased my car...look where it got me.

As for the K&N's.....if you dont know how to clean and reoil them PROPERLY (and i state that heavily) dont even bother with trying to do it as you are more than likely going to mess up the MAF sensors. I did it, as i had K&N's on other cars before, and swore that I did it right...800 bucks later for new MAFs, I learned how to to it properly.

Dont be scared by that bit, i just want you to know that you need to be VERY cautious when cleaning and more importantly reoiling them, which should take place about every 10-15K miles as even though OEM filters are changed at 30K intervals, K&N's flow more air and hence they can allow more particulate matter to enter the engine if not properly taken care of.

Best of luck and enjoy..i completely agree with you on the slightly louder and snappier throttle.

·
Registered
259 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
SC'dKellenersM5 said:
I did the same modification as my first when i purchased my car...look where it got me.
Look where it got you? Does that mean it was the first of many mods or the "$800 later" comment...or both?

I noticed you have a Powerchip icon next to your name, what kind of gains (HP, throttle response, etc.) should one expect for the E39 Beast?

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
For me it was the first of MAny mods...being the second most modified on the planet infact, standing right next to BlackM5.

The powerchips program is sensational and im not sure what the hp numbers are (honestly im so far past playing bragging about hp/trq these days) the change in the car is nothing short of amazing.

While the software isnt cheap, it is by far the best money you will spend on the car...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts