BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys i am having some issues with my beast. I have been letting my beast rest a bit and only drive her around 20-50 miles a week now. This last week when i pulled out of the garage i noticed something was wrong, The car hesitated when i reversed out of the garage and the car was struggling to idle. When i was on my way to bimmerfest the ses light turned on and while i was waiting in line my car kept stalling out. I havent drove the car since then and today i pulled all these codes. i am thinking replacing the O2 sensors,MAF's,Fuel Filter and fuel tank breather valve hoping this solves my problem.

2001 M5
106,xxx
Jailbreak tune
the O2 sensors are about 12k old

8F - E-box fan
90 - “Fuel control, Cyl #1-4”
91 - “Fuel control, Cyl #5-8”
E8 - Evaporative emission purge valve functional check
CD - “Misfire during warm-up, Cyl #1”
CE - “Misfire during warm-up, Cyl #2”
CF - “Misfire during warm-up, Cyl #3”
D0 - “Misfire during warm-up, Cyl #4”
D1 - “Misfire during warm-up, Cyl #5”
D2 - “Misfire during warm-up, Cyl #6”
D3 - “Misfire during warm-up, Cyl #7”
D5 - “Misfire during warm-up, multiple cylinders
0C - “PreCat oxygen sensor, Cyl #5-8”
0D - “PreCat oxygen sensor, Cyl #1-4”

·
Registered
79 Posts
Delete those codes, see what comes back and have the charging system checked first. It could be cam sensors, O2 sensors, mafs or a combo of them. I'd start with replacing the consumables like you said, O2s then the rest depending on age if the battery and alt check out.

·
Registered
3,276 Posts
The Bosch website says to "check/replace" O2 sensors at 100k miles. To me that translates into just replace. Don't cheap out...do all 4. They ALL affect fuel trim. That evap valve is under the plenum and is a somewhat common failure item. There's a DIY for both. There may be one for the eBox fan also.

·
Registered
4,488 Posts
Definitely clear codes and see what comes back.

If the list you have is legitimate, you can replace all the other stuff if you want but the 0C and OD codes are screaming your pre-cat O2 sensor signals have gone bad, which is probably causing the 90, 91, and misfire codes as well.

It seems strange that would happen suddenly and to both of them, or is this the first time you have pulled codes in a while? Has anyone worked on or near them recently? Hit any debris on the road? What condition is your giubo in? Maybe your low run time isn't enough to burn them clean.

Anway, change the O2 sensors and see what codes come back.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
We'll the day of bimmerfest I borrowed a friends Peake reader and the only codes I didn't get that day where the o2 sensors.. No work has been done to the car recently . i just looked under the hood and found rat droppings..mainly around the intake filters they also chewed a hole through my windshield washer reservoir tank ..i hope this doesn't turn out to be a Huge Headache !!!!

·
Registered
353 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
so i just filed a comprehensive insurance claim.. Im having the car towed to shop sometime this week.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts