BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Collected my Imola Red E39 2001 M5 2 days ago, still smiling....what a thrill. What a car...Now i can see why everyone on this board raves about them.

Probably a stupid question but is the rev counter limit indicator supposed to go out completely, it still shows an amber light and a red light at about the 7000rpm mark even when warm.

Another question...when I change the mode button on the sat nav controls it shows a tape function but i cannot see any tape, does anyone know where it is?

oh..Had a short race with a BMW 760IL this morning, they are very quick but i am happy to say i managed to see him off, can't wait until the next encounter.

Photos to follow after I have spent some long hours polishing this week-end.

2001 M5 Imola Red - Sat Nav
2001 325
Audi A2 ( If i have two cars then I guess the wife should have a car ! )

Andrew :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
661 Posts
Congrats on your new beast! Yes, the amber light at 500RPM before the 7000RPM redline stays on all the time.
There is a tape player behind the NAV screen. Hit the eject button and the screen will tilt out to show the tape drive.

·
Registered
1,952 Posts
Congrats on your purchase!!!!:happybirt cherrsagai There are many excellent threads on the board to read and review. Did your M5 come with the owners manuel or cd? I would encourage you to read thru both of these as well, not trying to insult your intelligence.ouich :M5thumbs:

Anyway, happy driving!!:flag: And please post pics after the cleaning!

·
Registered
612 Posts
Welcome to the Board, Andrew! Congratulations on your new baby! Enjoy!:M5launch: (Sounds like you already are.)

You can also find an electronic copy of the manuals if you do a search here on the M5board.

Best Wishes,
Alfred

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Congrats on the new car Andy & welcome to the board :byee55amg

I do hope you can come along to our next M5 meet. It's at Runnymede (just down the road from you) on Sunday, October 2nd.

Click here for the details:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=57791

:cheers:

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dmz said:
Congrats on your new beast! Yes, the amber light at 500RPM before the 7000RPM redline stays on all the time.
There is a tape player behind the NAV screen. Hit the eject button and the screen will tilt out to show the tape drive.
Thanks, found it!

Yes the car came with all manuals, it's just that i've spent all my time actually in the car and not reading about it.

I look forward to the Runnnymede meet.

Thanks

Andrew

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
Congrats and Enjoy :cheers:

Just one note, your avartar is an Imola Red M3 Front. There's no Imola Red M5 Front avartar. Only an Imola Red M5 Rear, which most of us Imola owners use.

·
Registered
1,093 Posts
Congrats & Welcome :cheers:

Imola is a lovely colour & quite a rarity in the M5, looks absolutely beautiful when clean & polished. lovelove

Enjoy the Forum and the extensive knowledge of its many contributors.

C.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts