BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Just picked up my "new" beast. Holy Smokes!

2K views 15 replies 14 participants last post by  Cameron Hauck 
#1 ·
Hi All,

Been browsing the board for almost a year and finally got the car of my dreams. I run a 96 M3 for the track and love that car. I finally found what I was looking for in an M5. 01 Silverblue M5 with full Dinan S2 package. Man does that thing run. Sport mode, traction off and the tail steps out on the throttle as sweet as you like.

Car only has 15K miles. Previous owner converted it to an S2 car at 14K miles. Blew the engine at 14.5K and got new motor, new clutch just 500 miles ago. Still running it in. Boy was I surprised when half throttle second gear had the tail hanging out. What a monster and yet great compliant ride.

Looking forward to many years of driving fun. This is a keeper.

Thanks to all on the board for such great info and insight. It really helped me narrow things down in my search for my M5.

Cheers, Mark.:happybirt

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
Great find!
You'll have a smile on your face everytime you step out of that Beast.

#5 ·
Yeah, feels like better than new.

Tim W said:
Almost like a new car huh?

Looks good.....
Car is in fantastic condition inside and out. Upgraded Nav and bluetooth which it didn't have in 2001. I really don't know how the previous owner put on 15K miles without a scratch on the car. I couldn't be happier if it had rolled off the showroom floor.

Cheers, Mark.

#6 ·
Re: Yeah, feels like better than new.

mkeetn said:
I couldn't be happier if it had rolled off the showroom floor.
Well, you should be happy, Mark. Getting a Dinan S2 after someone else takes the depreciation hit is surely the way to go! If I were buying an E39 M5 for the first time today, that's precisely what I'd do.

Of course, then I wouldn't have experienced 5-1/2 years and 81K miles of pure motoring bliss....

Congrats and welcome to the club!

-Dave

#9 ·
Congrats. Awesome ride.

#12 ·
Wheels.

cableguy said:
Congrats on a fine looking Beast :cheers: Silverstone is my fave colour after CB of course :M5thumbs:

Nice wheels, what size & manufacturer are they?
Thanks for the feedback guys. I feel really lucky to finally have a "Beast". Have owned many cars in the past years but this is the most awesome.

The wheels are Hamann HM2's and they are 19 inch running Pilot Sport 275/245's.

Cheers, Mark.

Attachments

#13 ·
Congrats on the sweet S2 M5! What a deal for sure. The S2 makes the beast a whole new animal compared to stock. Enjoy many miles of smiles!!!

#14 ·
Re: Wheels.

Great find, lucky you. Enjoy that Bad Boy :cheers:

#16 · (Edited)
Hey Mark, great looking car, and a tastfully moded one at that. Looks incredible!

What part of SLC are you in? I'm about 7600s and Highland, in Sandy. If you service the car at BMW of Murray use Mike, tell him Cameron reffered you. He treats customers very well.

What color is the M3, we have a local driving club, check the link in my sig for more details. Few e39's, lots of e36's and lots of fun times. :flag:

Have fun geting accuanted with your new car. :M5rev:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.