BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm a new member on the board. I just picked up my first ever M5. I found what I hope is a true Gem ( 2007 32,000 miles in perfect/ showroom condition) The car is truly awesome. The 234 mile drive back to Virginia was a blast. I have owned many high performace vehicals in my life and have always done all the maintenance myself ( no one treats your baby like you). After reading some of the post in this forum I feel confident I can take care of most issues myself. My question is where is a reputable place to get the INPA - Ediabas K + CAN cable and software? I keep seeing DIS and ISTA mentioned. I have worked on cars my whole life but these newer euro cars are a whole different BEAST.

Attachments

·
Registered
250 Posts
I'm a new member on the board. I just picked up my first ever M5. I found what I hope is a true Gem ( 2007 32,000 miles in perfect/ showroom condition) The car is truly awesome. The 234 mile drive back to Virginia was a blast. I have owned many high performace vehicals in my life and have always done all the maintenance myself ( no one treats your baby like you). After reading some of the post in this forum I feel confident I can take care of most issues myself. My question is where is a reputable place to get the INPA - Ediabas K + CAN cable and software? I keep seeing DIS and ISTA mentioned. I have worked on cars my whole life but these newer euro cars are a whole different BEAST.
Welcome! Looks like you made a really good find (I'm biased as to the color), and I'm sure you will have a lot of fun in your newly-found M5.

Others will chime in as to the software/cable source, but one of the main suppliers of our software/cables went under just recently (BMTechnic).

Take care and enjoy! :checkeredflag:

Best,

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
The dealer wanted $40,000, after some hard haggling I got him down to 35,900. I traded my Shelby GT500 It was an even swap.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts
very nice,
I got y cable on ebay

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
nice pick up. what additional options does the car have installed?

·
Registered
243 Posts
Congratulations. Welcome to the family. I'm another one of the new guys. The more i read on here the more i wish i had flown out to get mine but she is on a truck.

·
Registered
422 Posts
Congrats! Nice find! Enjoy the beast...

·
Registered
IB DinanS2++ e60m5 6MT, Dogleg s38b38 e28m5 TT/ST3, e30 TT/ST4
6,518 Posts
Welcome to the v10 club! Enjoy your Beast!

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
You guys have some good negotiating skills.. Buying a car in NY or jersey, they never want to go down. The most i can negotiate is like 1-2k
It's funny you should say that. I spoke to two dealers in NJ over the last few months and neither wanted to move much on the price.

·
Registered
729 Posts
35,900 not too bad! Keeps me hopeful that my 29k mile almost loaded beast with the few mods I have is surely worth nearly 40k. Sweet!

·
Registered
689 Posts
35,900 not too bad! Keeps me hopeful that my 29k mile almost loaded beast with the few mods I have is surely worth nearly 40k. Sweet!
Real world private party value on your car? Low $30's. M5 Board private party value? Upper 30's all day long! :hihi:

·
Registered
729 Posts
A 2007 nearly loaded mint car with 29k miles is not worth low 30s. I watch the market all the time. The car bone stock is worth 36k all day. 2007 50k miles car low 30s for sure.

·
Registered
729 Posts
I actually think they are cheaper on this board for some reason. People anywhere but this forum are selling/netting good value for their cars. Not sure why everyone on here is lower in price. Let's also take into consideration that no one really sells nice low mileage examples on the forum as it is.

·
Registered
689 Posts
I actually think they are cheaper on this board for some reason. People anywhere but this forum are selling/netting good value for their cars. Not sure why everyone on here is lower in price. Let's also take into consideration that no one really sells nice low mileage examples on the forum as it is.
Have you checked out the For Sale board lately? Many folks asking some ridiculously high prices for their cars.

I purchased mine just under a year ago with 33k miles for $33k at a BMW dealer. That was retail price, not private party. I figure that I probably left $1-2k on the table, but had already negotiated $4k off their list price. The dealer installed new brakes, new front tires, and did front wheel alignment, in addition to fixing some curb rash on 2 rims and throwing in new floor mats and professional detail. So they definitely sunk some $$ into the car to get it ready for sale. And it was serviced there too. My car has every single option, built in K40 radar/laser, and full service history. So private party value on my car was probably upper 20's at the time.

Too many folks around here already drank the Koolaid before they purchased their car. I'm happy that I didn't snoop around the for sale section of this board before I purchased mine, otherwise I probably would have felt I was getting a steal at the dealer's original list price. People who educate themselves outside of this board find prices on this board to be very high in most cases.

And I've seen plenty of nice low mileage examples on this board. But some of the asking prices seem insane to me. Many members asking more for their cars with 20-30k more miles than I paid for mine at a dealer. Crazy!

·
Registered
53 Posts
Welcome to a world of knowledge and ideas. Congratulations also!

1 - 20 of 28 Posts