BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 30 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just drove home my 2008 M5 Space Grey/Black M5. Wow, what a difference from my 2003 M5. Yeah, it's a different M'er, but my g-d, what a beast. 154 miles on her, and I've yet to meet the full potential of this beauty. I'm just getting the feel of her, but of course I'm thinking exhaust, although the present exhaust roar is music to my ears. I've been away for a little while, the wife strongly suggested that I sell the '03 and get something more practical for my commute (Lexus IS3500)....but now we're divorcing, and I went and got myself a big D present!!!!!!! :happybirt

Any suggestions? Of course I'll wait until AFTER the break in!

Thanks,

David

·
Registered
150 Posts
sounds like a good way to move on:M5launch:
congrats and good luck.
pics please.

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Congrats on the new car - let's see some pics :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
3,176 Posts
^^^^^
Congrats, but.....

Attachments

·
Registered
2,540 Posts
Congrats on both accounts!!! Nothing like a new car to get your spirits up. Now go out and enjoy it!!

·
Registered
847 Posts
Congrats, on your new M5, sorry to hear about your divorce:sad1:

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
congrats....please post some pics!

Remove CF Filters...then H&R Springs and some tint to start...maybe some RPi sccops and BMC filters... then an exhaust maybe...

·
Registered
556 Posts
I think Gustav need to start laying down the law. You should not be able to start a post like "Picked up my new 08' today" "Check out my new shoes" "Just got my H&R installed" Wow this new to me M5 is incredible"
"love my new exhaust" etc. etc. etc. WITHOUT PICS!!!!!! Come on people! wheres the love?

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for all the the great replies...I'll post some pics this evening from Atop Mulholland Drive after a nice little drive today!

D

///Bruno...ouich...will have some asap. My apologies, i posted last night after a little cherrsagai...

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
A few pix....

Just a few quick shots at the house and atop Mulholland....:wroom:

Took a nice little cruise around L.A., never over 4k in any gear, although holding back was rough....listened to a little Andrea Bocelli, mellowed out, cleared my head, and eye balled the green team girls on Sunset Blvd. :applause:

DA

Attachments

Reactions: opie and Gustav

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Congrats, sound like you will "move on" very fast on that beast.:D:D

Enjoy, and don't forget to remove charcoal filter, BMC drop in with RPI scoop to start with.

:cheers:

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks, and as soon as i figure out what all that is, I'll do it!! LOL
I have to catch up on the new tech stuff for the 60's....I guess i have homework

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks...now the question is...best to wait until after the 1200 mile break-in/service, etc?

D

And BTW, thanks for the all of the info!

·
Registered
3,967 Posts
Thanks...now the question is...best to wait until after the 1200 mile break-in/service, etc?

D

And BTW, thanks for the all of the info!
Since you have to wait to unleash the full potential:kaffe:, it's somewhat useless to get them now. I would say do some research and gathering all the info from the board. :typing:

Since you live in LA. Don't forget to go to RPI dyno shoot-out on Feb.9 to see real performance gain from variety of products. http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=110795

Or, take a couple trips to Norcal :M5launch:, by next week, you should be ready:thumbsup:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
Here is your first assignment:D It's a RPI scoop "user manual"
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=105380
That's correct, there is a 15 page user manual. First it will get you up to speed with the latest mods for the E60 M5, then after reading, you will forget all about your life rearrangement!:1zhelp::hihi:

Cos, congrats on a divorce! :eek7: Ei jole vato, chingon! :grinyes:
:cheers:

P.S. It will take about 1200 miles to read (and retain) all 500+ posts. Just remember, the discussions by me are most beneficial! :nono:

·
Registered
4,404 Posts
1 - 20 of 30 Posts