BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just picked up my new (to me) '03 Imola Red. I want to thank you all for resposes I have received to my initial questions. I decided against CB car because of the I did not have a good vives about it. When I looked into details, it just had to much oil accumulated on pan underneath the engine and some oil streaks on the undercarrage. I think, it was driven hard.

In contrast, this Imola Red is completely stock, new tires, CPO, I bought 6/100 extended maintenance also, so I am covered until may of 2009. The car is almost pristine, excluding two rock chips on the hood that removed clear finish. But is is a used car.

I drove it home from the dealer with a wide smile on my face, at the speed limit or liitle above and classical music playing. I had no desire to go fast, because I could have past any car at any time..I maybe hit 80 on one little stretch in just no time. This car is a huge difference from my 2004 330Xi.

I am dreaming now, I have a car I always wanted, my wallet is little lighter right now, but so be it.

Attachments

·
Registered
212 Posts
Good choice and happy hunting.

Keep up the warrantee with BMW when the original runs out if you can coz its well worht it.

·
10,458 Posts
shimmy said:
Good choice and happy hunting.

Keep up the warrantee with BMW when the original runs out if you can coz its well worht it.
Unfortunately, we don't currently have that option here in the US... You guys in the UK can keep renewing your warranty every year, right? Nice...
Mike

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I have full CPO and extended maintenace coverage until 6/100K. I bought extended maintenance, because of the Inspection 2 and brake jobs, I will need in my next 3-4 years. In our stop and go traffic you go through brakes pretty quickly. Maybe, even I can find a dealer that would accept coverage for the clutch, but who knows.

·
Registered
238 Posts
Congrats on the new Beast! I see you're in the MD/DC area. Last year we had a fairly lively local crowd of M5 enthusiasts go out on a few driving events and at least one barbeque, hosted at one member's house (mr_bock).

I'm hoping that we'll get an earlier start on things this year and that we can start getting more M5s out there, including E34s and(soon) E60s but, also anyone with a like mind set!

Any way, as you're no doubt aware, they are great cars, a blast to drive, and, as I've found, the owners are a great group of people. Here are some links to threads about some of our escapades:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=45483
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44042
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=44046
http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50944

You can see a bunch of pictures at http://www.m-powered.com.

Welcome to the club!

Greg
'03 ///M5 Black on Black, Beastpower Sway Bar Brackets,
Bluetooth, & all options except PDC & spoiler delete...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Congratulations! I'm just picking up mine (as of last night and also just new to me) and still in that "euphoric" stage. I'm around in the MD area and it's good to know there are other owner's local, I'd love to get involved at some point this summer myself. Again big congrats on the new beast and I'll have to look for others on the road in the coming months! :thumbsup:

·
Registered
460 Posts
igorkb,

Congrats on the purchase. the car looks sweeet. I love red and I am currently searching for a red one too.

You had mentioned that you purchased an extended maintenance plan. I was under the impression from reading other posts that only the original owner could purchase the extended maintenance plan. I realize there are third party service contracts but did not think that this was the same as a the maintenance plan that BMW offers to the original owner.

I too will be using my car as a daily driver and would like to extend the maintenance plan was well for Inspection II, etc.

I would appreciate what information you have on this subject.

Thanks in advance and congrats again.

michael.

·
Registered
138 Posts
mchin said:
igorkb,

Congrats on the purchase. the car looks sweeet. I love red and I am currently searching for a red one too.

You had mentioned that you purchased an extended maintenance plan. I was under the impression from reading other posts that only the original owner could purchase the extended maintenance plan. I realize there are third party service contracts but did not think that this was the same as a the maintenance plan that BMW offers to the original owner.

I too will be using my car as a daily driver and would like to extend the maintenance plan was well for Inspection II, etc.

I would appreciate what information you have on this subject.

Thanks in advance and congrats again.

michael.
I actually opted to invest in a third party warranty for 4/50,000 and was assured that they handle everything for their M/AMG customers with just a phone call to the dealership and they set up the service appointments from there on out. I can't confirm how valid that actually is, not having any need yet (and hopefully never will) though I was very sceptical about the warranty and we spent quite a long time going over the terms and benefits and overall, I feel good about the choice. I can post information for review if anyone would like it.

Sean

·
Registered
460 Posts
Hi SeanMD

Please post the name of the third party and any contact information you have so I can do some more research.

Thanks again.

·
Registered
138 Posts
The brochure states "Pinnacle Protection Plan" and the servisor is National Auto Care Corporation. I was informed that BMW would not only honor this 3rd party, but the dealer I purchase the beast from stated I just call them when there is any need for service and they will set things up with the local service bay in my area wherever I happened to be.

National Auto Care Corp.
101 Green Meadows Dr. S
Louis Center, Ohio 43035
TFP: 800-548-1875
PH: 614-438-7400
F: 614-438-7423
www.natlauto.com
[email protected]

I hope this helps at least for research if nothing more. Best of luck in your quest for your own personal perfect Beast! :cheers:

Sean

1 - 11 of 11 Posts