BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
They get installed on the car in two weeks. I got rid of my RD Sport springs (which I never got around to installing anyway) and once my HREs arrive I'm gonna tuck those bastards!

I can't wait!!!!

·
Registered
538 Posts
They get installed on the car in two weeks. I got rid of my RD Sport springs (which I never got around to installing anyway) and once my HREs arrive I'm gonna tuck those bastards!

I can't wait!!!!
Nice...

Hey, I just had RDSport springs and sway bars installed. MY springs were manufactured in 1/2006 and did not come in any sort of RDsport packaging, just loose in a shipping box and scratched up a bit.

Did your's come packaged in a box?

Did yours come with the spring isolator sleeve on the bottom coils?

Would you mind giving me the model numbers off the springs (front and back) and the manufacturer date?

Thanks for your help with this...

I almost went KW. Those are going to be nice...

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice...

Hey, I just had RDSport springs and sway bars installed. MY springs were manufactured in 1/2006 and did not come in any sort of RDsport packaging, just loose in a shipping box and scratched up a bit.

Did your's come packaged in a box?

Did yours come with the spring isolator sleeve on the bottom coils?

Would you mind giving me the model numbers off the springs (front and back) and the manufacturer date?

Thanks for your help with this...

I almost went KW. Those are going to be nice...
I had my springs sent to my buddies shop as he was going to install them for me and I actually never even saw them in person as I have been traveling for work. He ended up selling them for me, but I can ask him how they were packaged. Where did you get your springs from in the first place?

I'm excited about getting the KWs on. . . . trying to figure out which tire size combo to go with now. . .

·
Registered
538 Posts
I had my springs sent to my buddies shop as he was going to install them for me and I actually never even saw them in person as I have been traveling for work. He ended up selling them for me, but I can ask him how they were packaged. Where did you get your springs from in the first place?

I'm excited about getting the KWs on. . . . trying to figure out which tire size combo to go with now. . .
No big deal (they should have come packaged). I got them from RDSport direct (sure they will address my concerns). I am more concerned about the weight of the front sway bar they sold me that is supposed to be hollow 12% lighter than stock and weights more than both of the stock ones together.

I would be excited to be getting KW too. 2-weeks is going to suck...

What wheels are you running? I would stick with 285 and 255 up front. Wheel offset is everything. I think I am pushing it with the offsets on my new 20's and the RDSport. The offset shouldn't have been made so agressive. Thinking 10" wheels would be better than 10.5" also (rear). Same size tire, just fits better on a 10" wheel IMO unless you are going to try to fit 295's or 305's or like the look of a smaller tire on a bigger wheel (i.e. no curb protection or square sidewall).

Not sure how I am going to cure the rub on mine that shouldn't be rubbing if the offset was correct. Some wheel manufacturers will not give up the offsets so hope they are ready to help with a solution now...

Good luck with the KW's. Sure your car will ride awesome with those...:applause:

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No big deal (they should have come packaged). I got them from RDSport direct (sure they will address my concerns). I am more concerned about the weight of the front sway bar they sold me that is supposed to be hollow 12% lighter than stock and weights more than both of the stock ones together.

I would be excited to be getting KW too. 2-weeks is going to suck...

What wheels are you running? I would stick with 285 and 255 up front. Wheel offset is everything. I think I am pushing it with the offsets on my new 20's and the RDSport. The offset shouldn't have been made so agressive. Thinking 10" wheels would be better than 10.5" also (rear). Same size tire, just fits better on a 10" wheel IMO unless you are going to try to fit 295's or 305's or like the look of a smaller tire on a bigger wheel (i.e. no curb protection or square sidewall).

Not sure how I am going to cure the rub on mine that shouldn't be rubbing if the offset was correct. Some wheel manufacturers will not give up the offsets so hope they are ready to help with a solution now...

Good luck with the KW's. Sure your car will ride awesome with those...:applause:
I'll be running HRE 590rs. I want an aggressive offset on the car so I was thinking with sticking to 20x9s and 20x10.5s. Still contemplating what actual tire size to go with. . . . . I'm thinking 255/30/20F and 285/30/20R. . . .

Interesting about the RD Sport sway bar. . . :dunno:

·
Registered
915 Posts
i just installed my kwv3 last night... i have 255/30, 285/30.
shop told me to wait a week before i start cranking the car low... i cant wait.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
rides better then stock, believe it or not... once i lower it more, ill snap some pictures. lovelove
Nice man, please do post pictures. You are making me even more anxious to get mine on. What size rear wheel are you running? 10 or 10.5?

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Were the KW V3's in the $3K range?
Did it include the module to over ride the EDC?

Thanks

M5Ranger...Juan

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
Oh BTW forgot to ask, how did you come to the conclusion of spring rate selections for the front and rear? Does KW have set recommended spring rates or did your shop decide?

Thank you again,
Juan

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Were the KW V3's in the $3K range?
Did it include the module to over ride the EDC?

Thanks

M5Ranger...Juan
Hey M5Raner, mine was just barely in that price range and included installation and infinite adjustments whenever I want along with alignment. The units I purchased did include the EDC override module.

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Oh BTW forgot to ask, how did you come to the conclusion of spring rate selections for the front and rear? Does KW have set recommended spring rates or did your shop decide?

Thank you again,
Juan
I believe that KW does have set recommended rates but it's one of those things that I will just have to fine tune to fit my driving style, etc.

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
how many hours for install?

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #16

·
Registered
171 Posts
Discussion Starter #18