BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All,

Unbelievable! That is the only word to describe this cars performance! After 3 weeks of being a good boy and no more than 5500rpm etc I was excited to try my M5 to its full potential.

After 40 miles of hard driving and 4 million dead flies I am drained from excitement, And after driving ferraris and porsches over the years I really did not expect to be overwhelmed by the performance but this car really is in a new league for me personally, above 6000rpm this car enters warp mode, things blur and everything happens so quick it really can be scary at first.

I am going to have lots of fun this weekend:wroom: , I will give a full report some time next week.

Bye for now.

Damian.:M5thumbs:

Attachments

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
Sounds great Damian.

Why did you mount the OB2 in the middle of the dash like that? I know the dash slants at an angle near the door pillar but surely there's a better place for it than bang in the middle.

·
Registered
1,114 Posts
Need-For-Speed said:
Hi All,

Unbelievable! That is the only word to describe this cars performance! After 3 weeks of being a good boy and no more than 5500rpm etc I was excited to try my M5 to its full potential.

After 40 miles of hard driving and 4 million dead flies I am drained from excitement, And after driving ferraris and porsches over the years I really did not expect to be overwhelmed by the performance but this car really is in a new league for me personally, above 6000rpm this car enters warp mode, things blur and everything happens so quick it really can be scary at first.

I am going to have lots of fun this weekend:wroom: , I will give a full report some time next week.

Bye for now.

WoW! gorgeous color and gorgeous shine! IMO trully the best color for any car if kept clean!
mmmmmm

·
Registered
240 Posts
No One can ever go wrong in buying any Mpowered car, big or small. They always give away the strongest competition to other cars, no matter what Ferrari, Porsche, mercedes, etc... do. Each company have their own philosophy, but the BMW's is my favorite. The "Ultimate Driving Machine" and they continue fulfilling that
. Been havin my car for 2 weeks and it's my first time having a BMW. Simply staggering and unbeatable in the road.

No matter how powerful other cars are, even a Murci can't shake me off. The car allows me enough freedom to be an amazing driver, I owe it all to BMW ///M POWER.

·
Registered
149 Posts
Damian,

The car is beautiful. I ordered Saphire black/Sepang/and the light wood. My dealer has been trying to get me to change to aluminium or dark wood, but your wood is stunning. The car needs a lift inside and this gives it just that.

I spend a lot of time in the UK and just imagine you tooling around the Costswolds in your new M5. Enjoy and thanks for the posts.

Need-For-Speed said:
Hi All,

Bye for now.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Gustav said:
:7: I know it, over 55000 it gets crazy. Below 55000 rpm the E39 M5 is the same (or even stronger stometimes) but ober it's bye bye!
I know the S85 revs pretty high but 55 thousand rpm? At those revs you probably would reach warp speed. :haha:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ashok Arora said:
Sounds great Damian.

Why did you mount the OB2 in the middle of the dash like that? I know the dash slants at an angle near the door pillar but surely there's a better place for it than bang in the middle.
Ashok,

After 20 mins discussing with my BMW dealer about where to mount this unit we between us decided this was the best place for practicality etc.

Hope you are enjoying your new motor, have fun.

Damian.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts