BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wow, what a surprise. I'm on an extended road trip and I get an urgent call from my dealer. My car is 'code 112' whatever that is, and I need to specify my options. The car is being built in September for October delivery. I ordered Silverstone/Silverstone full leather w/ pretty much all options.

The one thing they are checking is whether I can get piano black through BMW Individual. If I can't I'll just go with the aluminum. They're also looking into just getting the trim pieces and installing them after delivery.

Wow - I'm still in shock.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,071 Posts
WOO HOO!

Status Codes:

Status Meaning
0 Order deleted by NA
17 Order not Specified
37 Order is at BMW NA
87 Production Week Assigned
97 Order sent to AG
100 Order deleted by AG
101 Error in data transmitted
102 Special Order (no Prod Week)
105 Order out of Prod. Period
111 Order Accepted at AG
112 Order scheduled for Production
150 Production Started
151 Body Shop Started
152 Paint Shop Started
153 Assembly Started
155 Production Completed
160 Released to Distribution
168 AG Stock
170 Waiting Workshop
172 Planned for Workshop
174 Workshop Entry
176 Workshop Complete
180 Waiting for Export Dispatch
181 Waiting for Domestic Dispatch
182 AG Load No. -- Released to Carrier
190 Dispatched ex(port?) BMW AG
191 Returned to BMW AG
193 Arrived at Port of Exit
194 Selected for Shipment
195 Shipped from Port of Exit
196 Shipment Arrival -- ATA
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
49,476 Posts
This is so funny, soo many US 112 status on the M5. Member MJ specced his M5 on the cruise ship enroute to Stockholm.

Congrats US folks :) Soon you wil lexperience the V-10 power and put a few Gallardos in place ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
Wolverine:

I just got my allocation also for an October delivery. What options are you going with and what did your's top out at on price. The car's base price was $81,200.

Looks like it's coming in at just over $90k. I passed on the $1,900 for the multi-function seats. Still thinking about that one.

Let's talk...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
BlewByU said:
Wolverine:

I just got my allocation also for an October delivery. What options are you going with and what did your's top out at on price. The car's base price was $81,200.

Looks like it's coming in at just over $90k. I passed on the $1,900 for the multi-function seats. Still thinking about that one.

Let's talk...
My colors/trim are Silverstone/Silverstone/Aluminum.

I have a list price of $81,200, and I ordered all the options:

261 Rear-Airbags is $385
322-Comfort Access is $1,000
416- Power Rear Sunshades with Manual Side Window Shades is $575
4MA - M Multifunction Seatsd with Active Width Adjustment is $1,900
453 - Seat Ventiliation is $800
465 - Fold Down Rear Seats is $475
496 - Rear Seat Heating is $350
610 - Heads Up Display is $1,000
655 - Sirius Satellite Radio is $595
X2xx/X3xx - Full Leather Interior w/Alcantara Roofliner is $3,500

Gives a price of $91,780

Gas Guzzler Tax is $3,000
Destination is $695

For a total of $95,475. Not bad for the best car on the planet!!

I've asked to get Piano Black trim through Individual. If it's not available, I'll take the aluminum trim and either stick with it, or order the Piano Black trim separately and have it installed here.

My build week is 37, the third week of September, for a delivery 4 weeks later. I'm starting to get impatient already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,356 Posts
It looks like we're getting the identical configuration. I'm getting mine a week earlier so I'll tell you how much you'll like it.

Tom
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,886 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
bernhtp said:
It looks like we're getting the identical configuration. I'm getting mine a week earlier so I'll tell you how much you'll like it.

Tom
Outstanding - we'll have to compare notes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,396 Posts
Outstanding both of you! Do post a bunch of pics when you get it!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7 Posts
Out of curiosity, where were you on your dealer's list?



Wolverine said:
My colors/trim are Silverstone/Silverstone/Aluminum.

I have a list price of $81,200, and I ordered all the options:

261 Rear-Airbags is $385
322-Comfort Access is $1,000
416- Power Rear Sunshades with Manual Side Window Shades is $575
4MA - M Multifunction Seatsd with Active Width Adjustment is $1,900
453 - Seat Ventiliation is $800
465 - Fold Down Rear Seats is $475
496 - Rear Seat Heating is $350
610 - Heads Up Display is $1,000
655 - Sirius Satellite Radio is $595
X2xx/X3xx - Full Leather Interior w/Alcantara Roofliner is $3,500

Gives a price of $91,780

Gas Guzzler Tax is $3,000
Destination is $695

For a total of $95,475. Not bad for the best car on the planet!!

I've asked to get Piano Black trim through Individual. If it's not available, I'll take the aluminum trim and either stick with it, or order the Piano Black trim separately and have it installed here.

My build week is 37, the third week of September, for a delivery 4 weeks later. I'm starting to get impatient already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
190 Posts
RBullotta said:
Out of curiosity, where were you on your dealer's list?
I was lucky I was number one on my dealer list. Like Wolverine I was shocked to get the call. I was actually considering the 650ci which is coming in September also.

What do you think I should do with my 2001 M5 with 52,000 miles on it? Residule is $33k. Think I can sell it for more then that or just drop it off at BMW and wait for the new one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,579 Posts
BlewByU said:
I was lucky I was number one on my dealer list. Like Wolverine I was shocked to get the call. I was actually considering the 650ci which is coming in September also.

What do you think I should do with my 2001 M5 with 52,000 miles on it? Residule is $33k. Think I can sell it for more then that or just drop it off at BMW and wait for the new one.
You may be able to get a bit more if you sell it yourself. But realistically it'd be less than $5k and you need to consider the hassel. I'd give it back and wait for the new one.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,328 Posts
junoman said:
Could you guys who already put in orders post what kind of markup the dealer charged you?
$0 markup... it would be very silly to pay any markup when you are on the list. :nono:
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
331 Posts
MSRP of course!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
122 Posts
Wolverine said:
Outstanding - we'll have to compare notes.
Congratulations guys, you have excellent taste! Perhaps that is a bit subjective as my order is the same colour/trim combination:) Have about 35 more sleeps to go and counting down. Talk about boys and their toys, I feel like a kid waiting for Santa to come down the chimney. Enjoy!
 
1 - 20 of 41 Posts
Top