BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Finally, after 15 months on waiting list, I have my order in for a Carbon Black with Black Extended Nappa interior. I know Carbon Black has become a cliche, but Anthracite seemed too bland. All options including M extended bass sound. I really like the new look on the 2K1s, so the wait was worth it. Will keep you posted. Projected delivery time mid-December, just in time for the Buffalo winters!!!

·
Registered
320 Posts
I too just ordered one last week after nearly five (5) months on a waiting list. Locally, the dealer wasn't taking orders claiming the waiting list was ridiculously long versus his allocation. So I shopped for a dealer with a shorter queue.

I don't have an estimate for when the car will actually arrive although I do have a production number assigned. I plan to pick it up in Spartanburg and make a vacation of it. (White with Imola Red)

Originally posted by kctime:
Finally, after 15 months on waiting list, I have my order in for a Carbon Black with Black Extended Nappa interior. I know Carbon Black has become a cliche, but Anthracite seemed too bland. All options including M extended bass sound. I really like the new look on the 2K1s, so the wait was worth it. Will keep you posted. Projected delivery time mid-December, just in time for the Buffalo winters!!!

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Still contemplating SC delivery, but concerned about weather there in December. Anyone have any insight on SC winters? Should I wait till spring for the M5 experience?

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
My sister lives a few miles from the plant and never complained about the wicked winters. Anyone can get caught in a front with blowing snow etc. Usually it melts within a day.

Go ahead and go.

------------------
Jim
07/00 M5 Titanium over Red

1 - 4 of 4 Posts