BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
I was cleaning the car today a noticed this little sticker...bet there鈥檚 not too many other makes or models that even suggest you should go over 100 mph ( in the USA anyway, lol )...I鈥檝e never seen this on any other car.

Attachments

Registered
I was cleaning the car today a noticed this little sticker...bet there鈥檚 not too many other makes or models that even suggest you should go over 100 mph ( in the USA anyway, lol )...I鈥檝e never seen this on any other car.

The sticker says ".....inflation pressure specified above...." and the pressure specs are below. LOL

What are the specs for over 100? Something missing from th pic?

I don't recall this on mine.

Registered
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
The sticker says ".....inflation pressure specified above...." and the pressure specs are below. LOL

What are the specs for over 100? Something missing from th pic?

I don't recall this on mine.
BMW did mess this up a bit it seems, lol...the normal pressure sticker in white is technically above the yellow sticker, but they put the typing to the side, ha,ha. Here鈥檚 the two stickers as the are on the door. The yellow sticker gives the pressures above 100 mph it seems

Attachments

Registered
Hehe
Any idea if yours was a Euro delivery originally? Gotta think US liability laws would not "encourage" +100MPH
Maybe I had this sticker too - can't recall.

Hehe
Gotta think US liability laws would not "encourage" +100MPH
Maybe I had this sticker too - can't recall.
On prior M5s the load index/speed rating of the tire was often the determinant of the max speed/loads the vehicle could be operated, thus the table was sorted according to the tire specs ex VR = in excess of 130mph. It doesnt encourage high speed operation, it is a pressure/temp value that BMW would be more afoul of a tort if it were not included. I dont recall the tire specs from when I owned an E60 M5 but I never really hit triple digits . . . not easy on Oahu.

BMW doesnt encourage or discourage high speeds (the 155 limiter notwithstanding), but interestingly enough there is a general note in TIS regarding the vehicle not being designed for motor sport racing and a warranty disclaimer. But, if the customer insists, there is a checklist for pre, intra and post track activity. BMW definitely can foresee such a vehicle as the E60 M5 to hit trip digits on a track day, but of course their responsibility is to provide proper values for the tires.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts