BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
66 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. An S4 is an AUDI! No AUDI will ever be REALLY competitive vs. an BMW, this means also in lifetime and long distance speed
2. The S4 is b**s** at all. One of my friends brother is working on the dyno for AUDI in the plant Ingolstadt. When you ask him about AUDI turbo engines in general and the S4 in special he will tell you a buch of sad stories about vibrations blowed engines and all these nice things that car like to have so much. When they made the first test drives on the street with the S4 they had to clean the place where the car was parked after a high speed run, because the engine heated the car body up so much that the car wax was dripping out at every hole of the front body... when they tested the engines on the dyno it flunges all part of itself, starter, exhaust and so on. Seems to be a reliable car, or?

You know that i´m not the biggest friend of the E39 M5 and i don´t wanna be impolite, but if you will ever have problems with an S4 with your M5 you should 1. the car back immediately
2. give your license back and try to get in contact with Wheeler or any other bycicle manufacturer.

G

·
0 Posts
Chris,

I think you need to relax a little.. We're just car enthusiasts comparing different aspects of different cars. There's no need for anyone to get overly emotional about this matter. Most of us here own BMWs, but BMWs are not the only cars we will buy.

If I ever get a second car, It will either be the S4 or the M3. I'll beef up the suspension and some minor mods and bring it up the track.

Besides, I'm sure Audi has already fixed all the problems you mentioned above.. Otherwise it is stupid for them to launch the vehicle.. the warranty costs will outweigh any potential profit they might gain. the problem you mentioned above is a very simplistic peoblem. The test car is experiencing too much boost. A slight tuning of the ECU to bring down the boost pressure will do the trick..

·
Banned
96 Posts
Kelvin, you gotta expect wise-cracks from some people regarding all other makes, since its the only way they feel they can bring themselves above everyone else. Kind of a juvenile means, but effective. No need to get emotional as you said, because then you fall into their intended venue. Sigh......

·
Registered
2,976 Posts
Oldest idiotic thread as well. What was his point in starting this thread?

·
Registered
244 Posts
14 year bump wow. stupid questions are still around :p

1 - 9 of 9 Posts