BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What a nice way to introduce myself to the Tampa community. I just barely made it in today driving from Atlanta. Car was park for almost a year and after good maintenance. I needed to replace the CPS, but could not get them until Tuesday from United BMW, so decide to just wait until I get here. The car barely made it and all symptom are here plus check with scanner. I need to buy all 4 CPS at good deal, unless I have them ship here. My cost would be $477 plus shipping from United Bmw. Thank for the help

·
Registered
224 Posts
What a nice way to introduce myself to the Tampa community. I just barely made it in today driving from Atlanta. Car was park for almost a year and after good maintenance. I needed to replace the CPS, but could not get them until Tuesday from United BMW, so decide to just wait until I get here. The car barely made it and all symptom are here plus check with scanner. I need to buy all 4 CPS at good deal, unless I have them ship here. My cost would be $477 plus shipping from United Bmw. Thank for the help

I bought mine from BimmerZone. He delivered pretty fast. Call early in the A.M

·
Registered
3,873 Posts
FCP Groton got me genuine OE BMW CPSs for about $480 shipped 2-day USPS Priority. They've become my go to.

Reactions: banel

·
Registered
564 Posts
Im in St Pete. 02 carbon black. I need all 4 cps changed out also. have a local mechanic that does great work for half the cost of a dealer.

BTW. i get all my parts from autohausaz.com cheaper then bimmerzone

What codes are you pulling that you think you need new cps?

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Im in St Pete. 02 carbon black. I need all 4 cps changed out also. have a local mechanic that does great work for half the cost of a dealer.

BTW. i get all my parts from autohausaz.com cheaper then bimmerzone

What codes are you pulling that you think you need new cps?
Thanks for the source, just got my order from bimmerzone. Guess the savings will apply to the future order.

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Just want to say thanks to Craig, aka Ukraine who went out of his way and stopped by so that I could scan my codes. Thank you so many times. You are one of a kind

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
BMA auto parts will ship those next day even you choose the ground shipping.

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Welcome to FL and glad you're getting it sorted. You'll love driving it year round!

Reactions: banel

·
Registered
564 Posts
No Problem Banel, too bad we could not connect my scanner to your obd port... Not sure if its my scanner or the port itself....

BTW , just ordered 4 CPS and 2 TPS, 1 fuel filter Hopefully the jerky throttle issue will go away. If not its new fuel pump time. :-(

·
Registered
603 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Replaced all 4 Cps and crank-sensor. Also the fuel filter but the car is starving fuel, plus misfiring on cylinder 2. I just hope I do not have to replace the pricey fuel pump. Busy Sunday await

1 - 13 of 13 Posts