BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I have been a keen reader of the messageboard and am new member to the forum as of today.

Anyway....fantastic news... I have managed to get hold of a M5 for delivery in May 2005 !!
hiha hiha hiha
I have been on a waiting list with my old dealer since Sep 2003, which I know was not that much time. I recently shelled out another £4000 to be next on the order list but that was for delivery only in last quarter 2006!!

Anyway, went to a 3 Series launch two days ago at another dealership. Got talking to the M5 salesman, and he told me that they had decided to sell through one of the demo cars that had been ordered. Of course, I immediately said I was interested. The M5 is already built - Silverstone II paint and loaded - £10000 of extras. And most important what I wanted!!

Today, was told that the other 5 people waiting on the list had declined the car and I was offered it. No surprise...I took it. Going to go and sort the paperwork out tomorrow.

As you can imagine that there are no words to express my happiness about getting the M5 in 9 weeks and I thought I'd share with this forum.

BTW, Has anyone got any quotes for insuring M5 ? I have 6 years portected NCB, with Directline at moment.

·
Registered
1,214 Posts
Congratz :wroom:

·
Registered
271 Posts
Pud said:
Yes, congratulations!!

I didn't think so many people would drop out like that - 5!! Maybe there's hope for me, then. Because I am 10th on my dealers list.
Great news - congrats! :cheers:

Which London dealer was it?

·
Registered
540 Posts
Pud said:
Yes, congratulations!!

I didn't think so many people would drop out like that - 5!! Maybe there's hope for me, then. Because I am 10th on my dealers list.
I think they are scared buy the word "DEMO" and the 10,000 pound extras

·
Registered
1,479 Posts
Have just heard that BMW GB (soon to be known as BMW UK!!) have issued a directive to dealers that they dont want them to run demos any more but to sell them to customers.

·
Registered
218 Posts
Does that mean the first customer after the demo who expected their car will now be the first to receive the car - or become the second customer after the demo has gone out to someone else !!!!grrrrrrr

·
Registered
383 Posts
360bhp said:
Does that mean the first customer after the demo who expected their car will now be the first to receive the car - or become the second customer after the demo has gone out to someone else !!!!grrrrrrr
My dealership offered the demo to customers on the list in order. The only issue was the car is built and the spec wasn't what I wanted. I know the car is sold but not sure how far down the list it got.

I think this happened at quite a few dealerhips, IMO a shame as there will be no demos for launch parties and test drives, and I'm sure the dealer would of got list after 4 months and a few thousand miles:(

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks all. I went into the dealer ( Whitehouse) and signed up the paperwork.Expecting car to be built this week and delivery is 26th April. Though have to wait to launch day in May for car. Will update board on progress

Spoke to the dealer and he confirmed what JohnH found out. I am due to be get one of the first customer cars in UK. I hope that doesn't mean I get to also suffer the usual teething problems as with all new models - time will tell. Dealer also said that a lot of dealers haven't properly put in requests to BMW due to slowness or not realising the current demand for the M5.

·
Registered
5,396 Posts
WOW!!! CONGRATS!!!! Please post pics, vids, and everything about the car when you get it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts