BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,
New to the forum, and just installed the Dinan Limited Slip Diff and exhaust on my E60. Been a couple days and sounds great, also have had no issues with the infamous "whining". Just wanted to say hi and am excited to be onboard!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
Hi everyone,
New to the forum, and just installed the Dinan Limited Slip Diff and exhaust on my E60. Been a couple days and sounds great, also have had no issues with the infamous "whining". Just wanted to say hi and am excited to be onboard!
Those were my first two mods. Congrats! Now let's see if you have
more self control than I had. What's next? :7:

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
My next mods, will most likely be the headers and the software when it comes out (Dealer said theres no software for the 08') ill do those both at the same time. I dont know much about the headers any feed back would be great.

·
Registered
158 Posts
I'm taking mine to Dinan in a couple weeks and they had no problem with the tuning. Have your dealer actually do some work for a change, and call Dinan. I think you're being short changed.

E

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Really, cause i was with the guy when he called and i guess the guy from dinan said the 2008's have different connectors when hooking up the software to the ECU. But im prolly just going to call dinan my self and check

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
There hasn't been a lot of news about Dinan headers. I would be curious
to know when they would be available. There were some reports that
08s had issues with the Dinan software. Apparently the ODB-II port
changed.

·
Registered
8,301 Posts
Dinan fixed the whine a long time ago...

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
I can't believe nobody has asked for pics of the M5. Send pics of your beast.
Good luck and congratulations.

M5Ranger

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
InvictusM5 I would recommend you go w/ the Evosport headers. You can wait for the Dinan headers but get ready to crack your wallet open. Those headers are going to cost you your left testicle. But hell we all spend our money our own way.
My recommendation for what it's worth is: get the Evosport or SS headers and get the Active Autowerke ECU Stage II mods. Also consider the Evosport Power pulley. All this work together very well as per the results of many, many members on this forum.

Good luck,
M5Ranger

1 - 20 of 25 Posts