BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone. This is basically my first post here on this forum (aside from my wanted ad for this exhaust). I just picked up an 07 Alpine white M5 this past weekend and had the eisenmann race installed this morning. All I can say is...WOW!!! I have to admit I was a bit hesitant and nervous reading posts of people who had it installed for a week and then took it off because it was too loud. I am coming from an 06 E46 M3 with an E-Race and I must say the M5 certainly has much less cabin noise. It sounds great, feels more responsive, but really just has that great F1 tone that I really admire. For people who are on the fence or have a bit of anxiety, I strongly suggest pulling the trigger and going for it. You will not be dissapointed. I use this car as a daily driver, and will not hesitate one bit to have clients ride in my car. What an absolutely amazing vehicle! Thanks to everyone for all their knowledgeable insight on the issue. I know this post is pretty worthless without pics. I am having the car detailed tomorrow and will post a bunch right after that. stay tuned!!!!

·
Registered
5,817 Posts
Very nice! Welcome to the E-race club. Despite the whole Eisenhaus/Eisenmann debacle, they still make the best sounding exhausts out there, IMO. If you actually live in Brooklyn, maybe you'll run into DinodealM5 who also has an AW M5 with E-race/SS x-pipe. Enjoy!

·
Registered
1,354 Posts
great thats what i was hoping you'd say.

i'm coming from m3 with erace as well, but i was afraid the m5 erace would be much louder....

thats good its less cabin noise..

·
Registered
366 Posts
Congrats! I love my E-Race, but I did feel it was a bit too loud as my daily driver so I modified it by adding a pair of small resonators right in front of the Race mufflers. It toned the overall sound output down by about 15% and for my application, I think it sounds perfect!

I live in a condo with a shared parking garage. Before I modified the E-Race, I would set off 3-4 car alarms every time I would enter or exit the garage. After adding the resonators, I now only set off 1 alarm in a piece-o-sh*t Ford Explorer. I think if you sneezed next to that car, the alarm would go off!

BrooklynM5......VIDEOS PLEEZE!!!!!

·
Registered
728 Posts
do us all a favor and remember to post an update a month or two from now and tell us if its still not very loud.

·
Registered
728 Posts
its always fun in the beginning but things could change...like the ol saying goes, even the sexiest girl in the world probably has some guy at home just sick of her after a while

1 - 7 of 7 Posts