BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
556 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was a dealer car with dealer plates. He saw my dealer plates and gave me a nice head node. My windows were all ready down so I was able to hear the engine. Holy Crap! It sounded really good. I have owned and sold quite a few AMG's and the C63 sounded more like the 2002 SL 55. We both turned at the same time and he got on the side of me and I was egging him on a little and he stood on it. Right at that time we we where traveling under a over pass and it sounded great. I could see the cars torque right away. Fast, Really fast. It is such a small car but looked pretty aggressive on the street. I have seen a few at the car shows but it presented itself much better turned on. Anyways, my guess is off the line it is pretty close but once we hit 50+ mph the V10 will giddy-up on it! I have to tell you I have owned every M3 made and I think I would rather have the C63 than the new M3. (on the street off-course, track would be a different story) The new M3 just doesn't do it for me at all. Quite disappointing. I had an allocation for one and I gave it away. I guess my point is that the new C63 is a pretty sweet little car!

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
Uhmm...so did you race him or not? haha

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
We've done several challenges down here in So. Florida.
First, yes the C63 is fast. Lots of grunt (heck doen't AMG stand for All Mighty Grunt?) :haha:. It is a detuned CLS63.
The new M3 with 6 spd manual can not take it but we ran the M3 with the DCT tranny and it beats the C63 in a straight line. The shifts are lightning.
The C63 like MB's are pigs when it comes to handling. Another plus for the M3.
The one thing the new M3 is very weak are the brakes. They suck. They fade fast and can not take the stress.
The guys I know down here with the new M3 are all ordering the Brembo big brakes. It's over kill but one guy is getting front and rear 16" rotors.

The C63 gives a scare at first but the M5 will put it down at the higher speeds.

Cheers, M5Ranger

·
Registered
138 Posts
I was at the M Driving Experience in Miami in April and we raced (individually timed) the E92 M3 around an autocross track and at the end of the lap, you had to slam on the brakes and stop within a set of cones. You hit a short straight and get to 70-ish MPH and slam on the brakes. Lap after lap, the brakes felt fine. For the vast majority of people, for the vast majority of uses including the occasional track day, the stock brakes are fine. The BBK does look awesome though!

·
Registered
324 Posts
First, yes the C63 is fast. Lots of grunt (heck doen't AMG stand for All Mighty Grunt?) :haha:.
Cheers, M5Ranger

Nope in German its pronounced "Ah Em Ghey" Or "I AM GAY"
Thats the true meaning..

But then Again

BMW stands for "Bei Mercedes Wegeworfen" By Mercedes Thrown Away

·
Registered
3,263 Posts
To be crystal clear, is there an inference to me in there?
I do not exactly understand. So if there is a misunderstanding I apoligize from the get go.

M5Ranger

·
Registered
138 Posts
M5Ranger, I think he is joking about what AMG stands for, using the pronunciation of A-M-G in German, which sounds like I-Am-Gay. haha.

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
BMW stands for "Bei Mercedes Wegeworfen" By Mercedes Thrown Away
... or it stands for "Bring My Wallet" (if you want to modify it even with a different type of ash tray)

·
Registered
915 Posts
i was walking to my car the other day and some guy said do you know what bmw stands for? im like no.. he goes.. break my window.. i was like wtf? :grrrrr:

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
i was walking to my car the other day and some guy said do you know what bmw stands for? im like no.. he goes.. break my window.. i was like wtf? :grrrrr:
Some historical reference for the "Break My Window" reference.

Back in the late 70's and the early 80's, break-in's to the German cars, Audi, BMW, et al, which had the Blaupunkts and Alpine stereo's (stereo's did not have individual signatures to cars back then) was rampant!grrrrrrr

I had an Audi 4000S and in a two year span my car had its stereo stolen 4 times (once in front of my house with my front door open). My car had the wind wing and they would smash it and grab and go. I did everything, put in a "UNGO Box, and all types of alarms, no help. The thing is, the 320's, which were very popular at the time were being rapped. No matter where you were, you park your car and bam, broken window, stereo gone.

You all may remember the removable stereo faces, so that the thief could not tell what stereo you had! I believe, the BMW woes created that concept.

When I bought my first M3 (1998), I remember this sinking feeling when I brought the car home with the following thought, "what was I thinking, they're going to break into my car and jack the radio." This was a gut reaction, that I didn't consider when I was purchasing the car AND, I quickly found that my concerns were moot due to the individual sig of the radio to that car makes the equipment not worthy of stealing. Hence, I have never had issue with breaking with my cars for that reason. Actually, haven't had any break-ins to my cars since then! Knock on wood!ouich I do consider the V1 as a possible target.

So. . . . maybe the Dumbsh*t that you ran across was an older fellow who lived that phase of the BMW history and can't let it go. I would never own a Audi again, however, I must confess, its because its a POS!!grrrrrrr But, I do remember the pain in the *ss having your car broken into every time you turn around!
:cheers:

·
Registered
46 Posts
Some historical reference for the "Break My Window" reference.

Back in the late 70's and the early 80's, break-in's to the German cars, Audi, BMW, et al, which had the Blaupunkts and Alpine stereo's (stereo's did not have individual signatures to cars back then) was rampant!grrrrrrr
........The thing is, the 320's, which were very popular at the time were being rapped. No matter where you were, you park your car and bam, broken window, stereo gone.

Mike is absolutely right. The E21 320i's were the worst. I had a '79, '81, and '83 and all three I had either of the rear side vent windows smashed and the Blaupunkts stolen. The center console was very easy to "rip" out unfortunately. In total 5 stereos stolen.

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
+1. I vaguely remember hearing the phrase from way back when. I used to be a VW fanatic and most of them also came equipped with Blaupunkt stereos and just like the Audis, the old VWs had that front small triangular window that was easily forced open.

Anyway, I was thinking that guy only meant to restate what he's heard or familiar with and didn't mean to threaten Josh that he was going to break his window.

·
Registered
1,812 Posts
See, being an old fart sometimes comes in handy!ouich

Now let me tell you a story of a conversation I had with Henry Ford. . . . :haha:

·
Registered
49,476 Posts
The M3 must have raced below 120 mph? At speed the C63 AMG should be faster than the M3.

The new M3 with 6 spd manual can not take it but we ran the M3 with the DCT tranny and it beats the C63 in a straight line. The shifts are lightning.
The C63 like MB's are pigs when it comes to handling. Another plus for the M3.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts