BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 51 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I was on my way to get my new DPE wheels put on and lower my car when a stupid cop on a bike looks at me when i am pulling up to the stoplight. by the way he was staring at my car i knew he was gonna pull me over. to make a long story short, this a hole cop writes me a ticket for having no front plate and tinted windows in the front of the car. i explained to him that my plates just arrived from the dmw and the other plate was in the trunk to no avail. i also explained that the tint was like that from the dealer. he didnt care. luckily he didnt ticket me for the exhaust! i know there is a plate holder i can use to show the front plate without drilling holes can anyone please give me a link to that. also what should i do about the tint? do ihave to take it off the front driver and passenger side and get it signed off on or will the chp usually sign off on that without actually inspecting the tint? i'm really annoyed. what a prick!grrrrrrr

·
Premium Member
2,217 Posts
I was on my way to get my new DPE wheels put on and lower my car when a stupid cop on a bike looks at me when i am pulling up to the stoplight. by the way he was staring at my car i knew he was gonna pull me over. to make a long story short, this a hole cop writes me a ticket for having no front plate and tinted windows in the front of the car. i explained to him that my plates just arrived from the dmw and the other plate was in the trunk to no avail. i also explained that the tint was like that from the dealer. he didnt care. luckily he didnt ticket me for the exhaust! i know there is a plate holder i can use to show the front plate without drilling holes can anyone please give me a link to that. also what should i do about the tint? do ihave to take it off the front driver and passenger side and get it signed off on or will the chp usually sign off on that without actually inspecting the tint? i'm really annoyed. what a prick!grrrrrrr
man, i've gotten pulled over for that BS on more than 3 occasions. just pay the front plate & tint tickets.

i have 20% in NJ where it's illegal for any front side window tint, so i'm going to change to huper 35%. SUCKS, but it's necessary - the cops are a PITA with that.

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
so i can just pay it without correcting it? will it go on my dmv record if i dont fix it and just pay the ticket?

·
Registered
637 Posts
In TX those are not moving violations, therefore not listed on driver record if I am not mistaken. Not sure about CA or NY.

·
Registered
164 Posts
I always roll down the front windows if I see a cop near by. Also I think if you quickly put your front plate on your dash before he sees you, you may be able to get away with it.

Do you look like a gansta or a business man? That may have something to do with it too?

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
i look like a business man

I always roll down the front windows if I see a cop near by. Also I think if you quickly put your front plate on your dash before he sees you, you may be able to get away with it.

What a prick cop though. Do you look like a gansta or a business man? That may have something to do with it too?

Attachments

·
Registered
164 Posts
i look like a business man
Shiet man...I'd be too afraid to approach you let alone give you a freaking ticket. Nice suit!

·
Registered
907 Posts
PM me your number and I'll call you tomorrow....I can take care of the sign off portion for you..

Chris

·
Registered
316 Posts
thats an old pic... i've way more on the dragon now..thats the only kind of suit i like to wear. lol

haha, I feel you buddy!

I usually just pay off the fine and leave everythiing as is. At least you didnt get a ticket for exhaust. Thats like a $375 fine in LA.

BTW which part of the area did the cop pull you over? I once got 3 tickets within 2 months in Beverly hills. I hate that place!

·
Registered
2,066 Posts
That's pretty cool. I like it. But I would think you need to remove
the bump to do an install like this (btw there are some crazy magnets
on the referenced site). Maybe there's an easier way?

Another option is to try this product:

http://www.autoattire.com/stngofrho.html

As RussRamz noted, probably not going to hold up to 200mph
but certainly hold up to an inspection.

And of course another option is to have a M5 board member hook
you up! :haha:

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
thats an old pic... i've way more on the dragon now..thats the only kind of suit i like to wear. lol
Any affiliation with the Dragons here in San Jose?

·
Registered
303 Posts
I've been just paying the fixit ticket without correcting the tint or front license plate....it's much cheaper than spending the time and actually fixing it. Los Angeles county doesn't seem to mind!

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Any affiliation with the Dragons here in San Jose?
No. I'm just your average middle aged father of 3 that just happens to be heavily tatted. i may have been a little crazy when i was younger but i'm to old now to be acting like i dont know better. after all i have an 8 ,7yr old and a 3 month old. i have to set a good example for my kids. thats why i drive the M5 :hihi:

·
Registered
728 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I've been just paying the fixit ticket without correcting the tint or front license plate....it's much cheaper than spending the time and actually fixing it. Los Angeles county doesn't seem to mind!
can i just pay the ticket here in los angeles without proving that it is fixed? will they mail me the notice in the mail giving me the option to pay without all the other hassles? if i just pay i assume it wont go on my driving record due to it not being a moving violation. i have alot of questions because i've never gotten this type of ticket before. :dunno:

·
Registered
7,328 Posts
No. I'm just your average middle aged father of 3 that just happens to be heavily tatted. i may have been a little crazy when i was younger but i'm to old now to be acting like i dont know better. after all i have an 8 ,7yr old and a 3 month old. i have to set a good example for my kids. thats why i drive the M5 :hihi:
:cheers:

1 - 20 of 51 Posts