BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. I've been looking for another car for our family and have been checking out the new E60's for quite awhile now. Well, as luck would have it, I was checking out BMW ads and came accross a used E39 M5 with 55k miles. Looked at it yesterday and made the deal last night and picked it up this morning. :biggrinbounce: It's Carbon Black with virtually every available option. Not perfect but in very good condition with no body or paint work. Probably an 8/10. So, I have lots to read up on, but I can say it's not the quickest but has tons of power and has a great top end. My wife likes driving it as well which is another plus!:M5thumbs:

·
10,456 Posts
congratulations and welcome!
:cheers:

·
Registered
9,355 Posts
Yea I'm just gonna echo the motto that this board has towards new owners: PICS OR BAN :deal:

·
Registered
2,001 Posts
welcome to the board, congrats on the new car!

- Tim

·
Registered
417 Posts
Congrats!!!!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Congrats on your new ride! I wonder if this is the car you bought...looks like a hell of a nice deal:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=116531
Yes, it is! Jonathan is a real nice guy and after driving the M5, we came to a mutually agreed price. Fairly simple and painless. Got to take care of a few things but not a biggie. I'm not very good with pix so they may be very slow in coming. I'm looking foward to a fun time driving the M and being a member of this forum.

·
Registered
128 Posts
Welcome to the board! Gorgeous car, btw. Carbon Black is awesome. I just got my beast last Saturday, too, feels great, huh?

·
Registered
597 Posts
I got mine a couple of weeks ago and I am still on a massive high.

The problem I have is what the hell would I replace it with when its time to sell as I dont think it can be topped for the price range :dunno:

Dont worried too much though as I kept my M3 evo for 7 years wondering the exact same thing.

Just not a fan of the v10;s look.
Oh looks like I will have to keep forever :applause:

·
Registered
377 Posts
Congrats! I would tell you to post pics, but obviously there are a lot in the other thread :).

·
Registered
526 Posts
Hi all. I've been looking for another car for our family and have been checking out the new E60's for quite awhile now. Well, as luck would have it, I was checking out BMW ads and came accross a used E39 M5 with 55k miles. Looked at it yesterday and made the deal last night and picked it up this morning. :biggrinbounce: It's Carbon Black with virtually every available option. Not perfect but in very good condition with no body or paint work. Probably an 8/10. So, I have lots to read up on, but I can say it's not the quickest but has tons of power and has a great top end. My wife likes driving it as well which is another plus!:M5thumbs:
55000miles, time to change the MAFs - there is 30-50 hp waiting for you.:cheers:

To be sure, do the L/H measurement test before you spend your $$$

·
Registered
756 Posts
Carbon Black FTW! Thats low mileage considering the age of the car. Hopefully the outside isnt too bad and a nice zaino restoration can turn some time back. Please post pics!

·
Registered
168 Posts
Dammit!:mad::mad::mad::mad:

I paid 34K for the identical car, an '01, out of the south bay in October. It had 45K on it. Considering that yours was a private seller, nice deal!

My wife was looking over my shoulder and told me I can't get worked up about the values of these cars, it'll only drive me nuts....she's right...

You'll love that car. Countelss people in M3s tell me 'If I woulda done it all over again, I'da picked Carbon Black....'

(The reason I said M3 drivers is because the M5 ain't too common in these parts. A Laguna Seca Blue M3 owner told me she'd - yes, she - would trade me cars plus cash so she could have the 'right' color last week.)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts