BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

I have just joined your ranks!!! I really have appreciated this board so far in answering a lot of pre-delivery questions for me. Anyhow, I can't explain how much I love it already...drove it up from SoCal after delivery last weekend (cable modem was out so I haven't been able to share the news) and it's amazing. One question though, my salesman, while explaining the car, said that the M Mobility system was no longer supplied and hence I have nothing in the trunk...I took his word for it, but am curious if anyone else has been told this?

Marco
'01 Anthracite/Silverstone

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
No M-mobility ?
What do you do if you get a flat? Hu!?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The response to that was, "call roadside assistance". And while, admittedly, that's a pretty weak response, I didn't have the time or inclination at that point to argue the point...however, if the car is supposed to come with it, I'll get on the horn and demand it. But I was thinking I might be better off with a can of fix-a-flat given all the problems I've heard with the M Mobility equipment...

·
Registered
138 Posts
Congratulations on your new baby. Seemd funny that the M Mobility kit was not included. I looked at a friend's 2001 and he had one in his part of the trunk that would normally house a spare. You might want to lean on the dealer to get you one.

·
Registered
2,136 Posts
Your dealer person is full of crap!!!

M Mobility is definitely supposed to come with the car! IT is NOT an OPTION!!

-Andy-

·
Registered
1,516 Posts
Who is your dealer?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey guys,

Thanks for all the responses, I will lean on the dealer and get the kit. I'm going to take the high road and write this off as a miscommunication since everything else about the buying experience was quite positive.

·
Registered
907 Posts
Some dealers need a tire iron across the face. Not only is the M Mobility kit standard equipment, like the doors, the MY2001 M Mobility kit is an improved unit over the MY2000 unit.

Drive back down there and run that salesman over with your Anthracite/Silverstone.

MJ

[This message has been edited by MJ (edited 24 November 2000).]

·
Registered
305 Posts
Hey Marco-

Congrats on buying the best 4dr sports car. I am sure you will love driving it. I bought mine from Long Beach BMW and have only the highest respect for the dealer. In fact I have bought two Mcars from them. Where did you buy from. Something doesn't sound right, your car should have the M-mobility kit in the trunk???

Let us know who you bought from.

stevem

Originally posted by Wolffe:
Hi all,

I have just joined your ranks!!! I really have appreciated this board so far in answering a lot of pre-delivery questions for me. Anyhow, I can't explain how much I love it already...drove it up from SoCal after delivery last weekend (cable modem was out so I haven't been able to share the news) and it's amazing. One question though, my salesman, while explaining the car, said that the M Mobility system was no longer supplied and hence I have nothing in the trunk...I took his word for it, but am curious if anyone else has been told this?

Marco
'01 Anthracite/Silverstone

·
Registered
412 Posts
Congrats Marco,

In México we get the 2001 with the Mobility unit. But...we get European omologated M cars so...

Remember to take it easy (seriously)the first 1500 miles. I know it´s a test of dicipline but, I did never pass 5000 rpm for the first 2000km and now don´t even have the famous oil overcomsumption problem everybody talks about.

When you reach your bordom quote and get to realy press the BEAST, let us know how it feels; is not that we don´t already know, but we love to hear from new experiences like yours.

Have a happy one.

Ricardo

·
Registered
89 Posts
Mobility Kit is a must, I checked my car, I'd checked it before. Dammed, there is no wheel in --> But there is a (original from) BMW Compressor in with a nice repair kit!!! Maybe this is because Switzerland is so small vs. US

Nico

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks for all your replies guys, well, my salesman returned my call and kindly informed me that it definitely should be in the car. It turns out I was looking in the wrong place (shoulda RTFM'd a little better), I didn't realize you had to pull out the styrafoam thing and thought that the indentations in the styrofoam was where the Mobility Kit should be. So, thanks for your input, have to eat a little crow now since the miscommunication seems to be on my part, but all is well again in my M5!

Marco

·
Registered
284 Posts
not entirely your fault though Marco... why did the dealer originally tell you it was no longer supplied?!

sounds like he made the same mistake as you and instead of checking just came out with that rubbish. why do car dealers have this irrepressible urge to lie instead of saying "I don't know, I'll find out"???

I'm glad it all worked out OK in the end...

ciao

Ian

1 - 17 of 17 Posts