BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got a V8 Touareg and need to know of a website for Touaregs. Accessories and so forth.

E60 M5 on order and expect delivery next July. I Hope!

BTW way when taking delivery yesterday of the Reed Green beauty a gentlemen approached me and said "you didn't trade that M5 did you?' to which I replied, "are you kidding - never." He said good I was about to take your temperature.

Must have been a Doc. Later in the delivery process he drove past in a 745i so he had to show me who he was car wise.

Funny!! :M5thumbs:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the post I'm checkng it out.

·
Registered
4,248 Posts
Great SUV. Offers 99% of what a Porsche Cayenne S can at a reduced cost. It also can actually perform well off road and tow up to 7,700lbs! Congratulations on the good buy.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Jim Dolan said:
Just got a V8 Touareg and need to know of a website for Touaregs. Accessories and so forth.

Funny!! :M5thumbs:
I've got a 2004 Cayenne S, actually, it's my wife's baby hauler. She let me take it offroading today in the San Gabriel OHV park. Second time I've gone. It's an absolute blast. Very capable. I wish I had the air suspension, but it still does fine without. I bought an extra set of 18 inch Porsche wheels with the Pirelli Scorpion A/T Tires that are approved for use.

You are going to love the Touareg. I had a hard time deciding between the two, but I was able to get $7800 off one with 2,000 miles, dealer demo that the GM was driving, so I bought it. The Cayenne has a slight on road bias, and the VW a slight off road bias.

·
Registered
330 Posts
I got a pretty simple optioned Cay-S. since loaded V8 Toureg was only about $5-7K less. Both are outstanding vehicles. Good luck with your Toureg!

If anyones interested im selling my 04 CAY-S w/ 22" DPE's, please PM or email me. I will post in for sale section come Monday.

FYI - Powerchip has chips for these vehicles! About 20HP gain.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I read it wrong the first time, I thought you bought a Touran :confused: hiha

Attachments

·
Registered
268 Posts
A friend of mine drives a Touareg with the V10 diesel engine. I must say that the car is very impressive, and probably one of the most capable SUV's for off-road use, even though it's still very comfortable on normal roads. A good choice if you ask me. :byebye:

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
ABT does up the vs10 Touareg nice (373 HP/860 Nm diesel)

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
USA: Anyone recommend a good set of inexpensive seventeen inch wheels and tires for the off roading to fit the Touareg? My nineteens are pretty but big fat tires are beter for offroading.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Jim Dolan said:
USA: Anyone recommend a good set of inexpensive seventeen inch wheels and tires for the off roading to fit the Touareg? My nineteens are pretty but big fat tires are beter for offroading.
I bought a set of Porsche Turbo Cayenne 18 inch wheels from Wheel Enhancement, of Culver City. They were $349 each, but retail is about $550-600?

The Pirelli Scorpion A/T's were $149 each and are very nice tires. They have been working wonders offroad.

Not sure if fitment for Cayenne and Touareg are the same.

I have the 19 inch Porsche Wheels with Summer Performance Pirellis for street use.

The tirerack.com should have a variety of wheels. I had to make sure to clear calipers, so I thought it'd be safe to stick with 18's and still find some nice A/T tires.

·
Registered
2,723 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I thought I saw on the T-reg 17inch wheels on the V6. Maybe not! Because tire rack only shows 18's for the V8 I have.

They have several 18's around two hundred to three. The T/A tires you recommend sound good for off roading. I was hoping to find a rather cheap steel wheel for occasional use and storage otherwise.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
Jim Dolan said:
I thought I saw on the T-reg 17inch wheels on the V6. Maybe not! Because tire rack only shows 18's for the V8 I have.

They have several 18's around two hundred to three. The T/A tires you recommend sound good for off roading. I was hoping to find a rather cheap steel wheel for occasional use and storage otherwise.

Just a thought.
They were willing to sell me the factory Cayenne (V6) Wheels, also 18 inch for around $200 each. I almost went for it, but they are truly hideous, and remind me of a Ford Focus stock wheel. That would have been a great deal financially though.

And, I always thought the 18 inch Turbo wheel looked nice, and I thought they'd have resale value later on, if I ever decided to sell them.

The Pirelli Scorpions are approved for use by Porsche for the Cayenne, and have a reasonably high speed rating for a A/T tire which was important to me, just in case I got carried away on the street with the tires still on.

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
There are a number of differences in the V8 version between the Cayenne and the Touareg. For instance, the V8 in the Cayenne S, is built by Porsche. This was important to me. Body, chassis, interiors are also different, as I understand it. Feel is subjective of course.

Originally, I started out with the intent of purchasing the V8 Touareg. But, ultimately, after driving, researching, and negotiating, the Cayenne S proved to be a good fit for me. The V10 Touareg was not available at the time.

Alternatively, the basic block in the Touareg V6 is built by VW, then lightly modded by Porsche. I think I would have strongly considered a V8 Touareg over a V6 Cayenne.

Here is a Q and A from Porsche about the V6 differences, that you might find interesting.

http://www.onlyporsche.net/news.php?action=fullnews&newsid=25

1 - 19 of 19 Posts