BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
141 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys and gals, just wanted to throw this out there and see what the concensus is. I've been monitoring some of the discussions on the board and found some useful info regarding a number of things I was told at the dealership this past weekend.

Based on the info I was able to find via another board mamber (Thanks Kellerners M5), when I approach the dealership with this, are they obliged to perform these updates/upgrades/replacements??

I'm really getting annoyed by the fact that they looked at the vehicle history report and then told me there were no open campaigns on the aux. cooling fan, DME, or a host of other things that I have brought to their attention before...even though they are all listed at www.alldata.com/TSB :grrrr:

eagerly awaiting your responses....:cheers:

·
10,445 Posts
Fwiw, just because there are tsb's or campaigns on aldata (for your model year), doesn't mean they apply to your particular car. Typically, bmw will have a specified range of serial numbers, and if your car doesn't fall into that range, you're not effected. Not sure if aldata lists the range vin's that are covered. Then again, your dealer may have just blown it...
Mike

·
Registered
2,071 Posts
TSBs are Technical Service Bulletins. They assist the dealer in resolving customer complaints of broken items or things not working properly that the customer reports. The TSBs are not recalls or open campaigns. BMW does not notify you of the issues, nor do they routinely and proactively correct and act on TSBs without a customer complaint.

If you do not have the problems corrected by the TSBs (squeaking B pillars, smelly A/C, rattles here, rattles there) don't do anything. It is silly to ask the dealer to correct problems you don't have. I use the TSB and TIBs to assist me and the dealer to resolve outstanding issues.

·
Registered
93 Posts
FWIW I agree all the way. I've questioned with my dealer TSB's mentioned on this board and then checked for symptons only to find none. As he says - if there not present in your car then they don't need to fix what isn't broken.

Digi said:
TSBs are Technical Service Bulletins. They assist the dealer in resolving customer complaints of broken items or things not working properly that the customer reports. The TSBs are not recalls or open campaigns. BMW does not notify you of the issues, nor do they routinely and proactively correct and act on TSBs without a customer complaint.

If you do not have the problems corrected by the TSBs (squeaking B pillars, smelly A/C, rattles here, rattles there) don't do anything. It is silly to ask the dealer to correct problems you don't have. I use the TSB and TIBs to assist me and the dealer to resolve outstanding issues.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Digi said:
Does anyone have the full text of the dozen or so TSB's for an '03 m5? Part of me is curious and part of me is wanting to exercise a touch of mechanical hypochondria. :rolleyes:

1 - 5 of 5 Posts