BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Had the M5 for about a month now and thought that the odour coming from the heater was a musty smell form the air con. Decided to remove the blower unit and found a RAT :eek: inside, must have crawled up the engine and ended his life by hedbutting the blades on the heater fan which looks very similar to a mouse wheel.
Now have a fresher smelling car :)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No idea, the rat still had some meat on him so hopefully it wasn't there for too long. To stop it happening again i tried the re-cycle button that shuts the vents but as soon as you turn the ignition off they open again.

Mark

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good idea, will do that if i experience the problem again but hopefully this doesn't happen very often.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Thats just not right!

WylM5

·
Registered
1,422 Posts
My friend ran across ( ? over ? straight through ) a rabbit in his M6 and it cost him four grand to replace and repair the damage to his bodywork.

:cheers:

ralph (vadas1)

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I live in the country side and i always worry about wildlife committing suicide on my bumper. I have seen the damage a deer can do and its not a pretty site. My mate even had a cow land on his bonnet. The pheasents are the worst around here to dodge, badgers and foxes are the others that i keep seeing by the roadside.
Still, could be worse, the Kangeroos in Australia must cause problems, any Australians on this site ?

·
Registered
1,731 Posts
where abouts are you?
I saw a few years ago what a stag (animal, not triumph) could do to a new Golf, dead stag, very dead Golf.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Kangaroos are definitely a problem in the Australian outback, not so in the cities. The problem is that they tend to congregate next to roads around dusk, take off with no warning, they are heavy and they are fast! Many cars in the outback have so called "bullbars" installed over the front of their cars.

rule No 1 in the outback- don't run over any road kill- a bit of BBQ kangaroo stuck to your exhaust, diff etc stinks!

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
Andy
I live in Oxfordshire on the ridgeway downs. funny you should mention a stag, my mate has just bought one. Had a drive of it the other day and it felt very slow, has the Triumph V8 engine, although in its day i suppose it was a quick motor.
Couldn't beleive it when i got back in my car to drive home, wow, engine, brakes, handling. I know i am comparing old technology with new but I think we should all drive other cars now and again, just to remind us what great cars these BMs are. Funny how you get used to your car and it even starts to feel slow after a while, until i drive the Mrs Vauxhall (which i try to avoid) and realise that is what slow really feels like.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts