BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Moderator Emeritus
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
It was a moderately warm Summer's day in the UK yesterday (23°C) and when I get back to my car after work I'm greeted by the site of an exploded coca-cola can in the drinks holder and coke (of the cola variety) all over the centre console and down the side of the passenger seat.:mad:

[those of you who started reading this thread expecting a juicy drug related story.....sorry....drugs are bad!]

It seems you shouldn't leave an un-opened can of fizzy drink in a car on a hot day. I was a little shocked the pressure built up enough to cause the can to fail, pehaps in the hotter areas of USA/Dubai/etc but not here in the UK.

Luckily it the sticky coke avoided the alcantarta headlinging, the iDrive screen and all the temperature and stereo controls. The iDrive controller was a little sticky underneath but some foaming leather cleaner, a sponge and some elbow grease for 5 mins and it's all sorted.

Attachments

·
Registered
288 Posts
No drinking and driving!

·
Registered
3,176 Posts

·
Registered
994 Posts
At least it looks like your lovely full leather dash escaped unharmed.:cheers:

Good pics and I'll echo the others in saying that water only from now on.;)

·
Moderator Emeritus
916 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I've never normally been too fussy about food/drink in the car but that might all change now and water might be the only fluid allowed.

So now the question is: "Is an open bottle of water that doesn't quite fit in a cup holder tightly and rattles around with no lid on a safer option than an unopened & sealed can on pop held snuggly in a cup holder...?"

·
Registered
994 Posts
I've never normally been too fussy about food/drink in the car but that might all change now and water might be the only fluid allowed.

So now the question is: "Is an open bottle of water that doesn't quite fit in a cup holder tightly and rattles around with no lid on a safer option than an unopened & sealed can on pop held snuggly in a cup holder...?"
I know what you mean- Cup holders in the M5 are terrible. Why they ever made some complex but crappy designs I'll never know, but even more ridiculous is they survived the MY08 facelift.

There is *some* good news and that is I've found a bottle that fits perfectly- it's the coffee bean water bottles. Purchase and then refill from ones cooler. However, being in England you may not have access to Coffee Bean. However, the perfect bottle must be out there. Begin your quest.

·
4,290 Posts

I know what you mean- Cup holders in the M5 are terrible. Why they ever made some complex but crappy designs I'll never know, but even more ridiculous is they survived the MY08 facelift.

There is *some* good news and that is I've found a bottle that fits perfectly- it's the coffee bean water bottles. Purchase and then refill from ones cooler. However, being in England you may not have access to Coffee Bean. However, the perfect bottle must be out there. Begin your quest.

this one works great w/ the E60 cupholders[sedan only]

:1::rofl:

V_V_V @ sandiego :rofl: V_V_V

·
1,764 Posts
I didn't know we had cupholders in the m5...hmmm
OMG.....LOL :biggrinbounce: :biggrinbounce: :1: :biggrinbounce: :biggrinbounce:

Did you find the "M" Button, and how to program it?

·
4,290 Posts

[COLOR=Red said:
snowball[/color];1348191]OMG.....LOL :biggrinbounce: :biggrinbounce: :1: :biggrinbounce: :biggrinbounce:

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

OUT OF ALL THE MEMBERS

·
Registered
1,471 Posts
Getting overly excited in your car is one thing.... but the color of your... um... "juice" is not healthy. Please set an appt with your urologist. :1:

·
Registered
343 Posts
OMG.....LOL :biggrinbounce: :biggrinbounce: :1: :biggrinbounce: :biggrinbounce:

I was trying to suggest that the cupholders in my car are not something I'd ever use. The inside of the car never sees something that could spill all over and make a mess like scoopz! Besides, they don't hold beer bottles that well, anyways...:cheers:

1 - 20 of 29 Posts