BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
just picked it up with 18000 miles and gave it a good test run on the way back to work. Absolutely awesome. all board members were right sport on dsc off. Once i got used to the clutch i started launching much better. Totally awesome so far hope it stays that way.

·
Registered
142 Posts
Congrats on the new beast! Yes DSC off is the way to go. Post pix when/if you can.

kfx4000 said:
just picked it up with 18000 miles and gave it a good test run on the way back to work. Absolutely awesome. all board members were right sport on dsc off. Once i got used to the clutch i started launching much better. Totally awesome so far hope it stays that way.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
DrewT said:
congrats, welcome to the club. Nice color combo. I still get happy when i slide into the car.

Where in NY?
i work in pearl river in rockland. i live in warwick in orange county

·
Registered
13,638 Posts
"Nice" is an understatement - totally excellent colour combination - absolutely tops - stunning - congrats :cheers: :happybirt lovelove

... but then I'm just a little biased :D

·
Registered
530 Posts
kinggf Congrats and welcome. Great color combo.....Enjoy

·
Registered
531 Posts
Congrats! Another twin!!

·
Registered
512 Posts
DSC off is the way to go, otherwise, it steps in way too frequently and becomes quite annoying. There's no fun in that! I'd keep it on when the weather gets wet tho! Congrats!!!

·
Registered
635 Posts
Welcome to the Board! Its to see another New Yorker with Good Taste :hihi:

Hopefully we see your Beast the next big meet. Good Luck.

Regards,

Marion

·
Registered
1,600 Posts
Welcome to the CB/Caramel Club.
My name is Don, and I've been an addict for 5 years now.
I tried to quit... no... wait... i never did...

...see ya later, gotta go drive somewhere just for the fun of it!!!

·
Registered
396 Posts
Congratulations and welcome!

·
Registered
362 Posts
Congrats......... :1:

Great combo. happy wondering arround.. :wroom: :noSMG:

DCS off is somehow risky if u r not ready for it. turn it off when u need to ONLY. :M5rev: Becaue sometime it may save a life or prevent an accident.

Drive carefully. :byebye:

·
Registered
241 Posts
If you have good tires, the DSC won't be much of an issue. For me the original dunlops lit the light much more than my current michelin ps2s. I've found the M5 fairly easy to power-oversteer such that I much prefer keeping the dsc on most of the time. Its also easy to just wag the tail into the next lane during moderate acceleration. During my 1st M5 summer when i turned it off frequently, there were some scary moments that could have been prevented.. its easy enough to quickly shut off for certain situations.

Welcome to the club! your face will probably hurt from all the smiling this weekend..

1 - 20 of 20 Posts