BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just finished flight school so I thought I should buy myself a gift, just dont tell my wife, she thought the Kelleners, EVO 3, DSSR and UUC clutch was gift enough:byebye: , so I finally got off my duff and ordered the AA CAI, I Asked for 2nd day air delivery so it should be here thursday or friday. I plan on having some frosty ones and some friends come ever and help, so it should be a good time, thanks all for the prior advice, I guess it just took me a while to act on it, Josh

P.S. if anybody else is on the fence or thinking about it, Beastpower is offering 100.00 dollars off their already low price and free shipping in the USA & Canada

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
Congrats! I would do a search and find out about the possible MAF fouling with the K&N's. Some members have had this problem although K&N says it doesn't exist. I've had the AA CAI with K&N's for 2 years now and have not had a problem, although I clean my MAF's every 6 months!
:cheers:

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Now you guys have to hear the story after josh bought the AA CAI....I heard about it yesterday when I was over at his house but here is the funny part.

So he tells me that he bought the CAI and that it should be here sometime this week perhaps and not to mention it to the Lil' Lady. Just shortly after that, im talking to his wife about stuff and I posed the question would you rather josh smoke or mod his car....She didnt like either option that she was given because one deals with his health and one deals with money (The "Bug" has hit him) and that the cost of smoking is much less than the cost of what he wants to do to his car.

The funniest part is that josh comes in like 3 min later and is like "So baby, now that I passed flight school, maybe its time for you to get a present for being such a supportive wife through flight school" As he finishes saying that, he flashes me a look of "This is how im going to smooth over the CAI"

IT WAS CLASSIC JOSH AT ITS BEST!

J---call me when you get done today.

·
Registered
397 Posts
congrats on your new gift josh, it seems like we have all the same mods on our cars!!!

The AA CAI and a SSK is gonna be next two mods for sure. Please tell me how the CAI is, I am very interested to hear how everything goes

Mark

·
Registered
29 Posts
///M_CHAP said:
congrats on your new gift josh, it seems like we have all the same mods on our cars!!!

The AA CAI and a SSK is gonna be next two mods for sure. Please tell me how the CAI is, I am very interested to hear how everything goes

Mark
Dinan exhaust, still available? Condition? Price?

·
Registered
12,398 Posts
SC'dKellenersM5 said:
Now you guys have to hear the story after josh bought the AA CAI....I heard about it yesterday when I was over at his house but here is the funny part.

So he tells me that he bought the CAI and that it should be here sometime this week perhaps and not to mention it to the Lil' Lady. Just shortly after that, im talking to his wife about stuff and I posed the question would you rather josh smoke or mod his car....She didnt like either option that she was given because one deals with his health and one deals with money (The "Bug" has hit him) and that the cost of smoking is much less than the cost of what he wants to do to his car.

The funniest part is that josh comes in like 3 min later and is like "So baby, now that I passed flight school, maybe its time for you to get a present for being such a supportive wife through flight school" As he finishes saying that, he flashes me a look of "This is how im going to smooth over the CAI"

IT WAS CLASSIC JOSH AT ITS BEST!

J---call me when you get done today.

I anxiously await chapter two-

should be just after the FedEx guy drops off the box...

:)

A

·
Registered
1,472 Posts
Great piece and good luck...but I personally can't justify $1K for a cai. Just doesn't add up.

·
Registered
977 Posts
Beastpower is selling it for $895 - $100 is what you are saying? I may just have to order that now, it was the next thing on my list after tint.

·
10,458 Posts
ard said:
I anxiously await chapter two-

should be just after the FedEx guy drops off the box...

:)

A
this is how the UUC, underground upgrade club, originally came into existance.

Sure, ship your wheels to my office, we can meet up over lunch to do the exchange... We can mount them in the parking lot and store your old wheels at xxx until you sell them...
Mike

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
HDclown, that is correct Beastpower is selling for 795.00 with free shipping out the door, Ard, I am sure I will be able to entertain you with chapter two, as I am always doing something to get the Miss's worked up, thanks everyone for the comments, I am excited for the install, it should be fun as long as Rob and myself dont break anything, Josh

·
Registered
635 Posts
Josh,

Your house sounds like mine. I was wondering if anybody knew if any software upgrade is needed for this mod, the reason I asked is because I notice dinan states you need to ecu for there CAI

Regards,

Marion

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Mvious said:
Josh,

Your house sounds like mine. I was wondering if anybody knew if any software upgrade is needed for this mod, the reason I asked is because I notice dinan states you need to ecu for there CAI

Regards,

Marion
I think it is reccomended that you get software, but I dont think it is absolutely neccesary, I plan on doing without for a month or two until the wife cools down then getting power chip towards the end of the summer around august or so, I hope this is ok, I dont think a few thousand miles without software we hurt, I hope anyways, if I am wrong hopefully someone more knowlegdable will chime in and give a reason to spend more money:hihi: , Josh

·
Registered
397 Posts
joe racer said:
Dinan exhaust, still available? Condition? Price?

PM sent, sorry for jackin the thread a lil

Mark

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Just got back from Sears, I broke down and bought this monster tool kit for the install today, Ya I know its not snap on or Mac, but craftsman works for me. Also Stopped by Office depot and picked up a wire mesh waste basket to cut and modify my fog light housing like Elevens has done, Now all I need is too do is go get some tasty beverages and the work shall begin, Josh

I just love excuses to spend money

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
J,

didnt know you had already begun the install...

As for the software...its not necessary but it certainly helps to maximize the power gained by the CAI.

The only time software is really needed for a bolt on in the m5 are headers...

·
Registered
11 Posts
I have had the CAI for a while now and I am happy with the results. Tho my only concern is it sucking water when its raining heavily and I drive. I live in Greece. It doesnt rain often but when it does it really pours. What do you think?

·
Registered
2,289 Posts
Gabe

its rob man..your not allowed to be on this board!! go away :byebye:

Honestly though, the AA CAI actually has water separators that work quite well...

Had it on my car in Florida where it rained everyday and alot at a time and never had any issues with it. Even checked the filters after it rained every once and a while and they were dry...just dont go driving 100mph through a foot deep puddle...oh wait, **** metrics...forget it.

·
Registered
11 Posts
SC'dKellenersM5 said:
Gabe

its rob man..your not allowed to be on this board!! go away :byebye:

Honestly though, the AA CAI actually has water separators that work quite well...

Had it on my car in Florida where it rained everyday and alot at a time and never had any issues with it. Even checked the filters after it rained every once and a while and they were dry...just dont go driving 100mph through a foot deep puddle...oh wait, **** metrics...forget it.
LOL.hiha Nice to hear! I thought you were "Triflown" here as well. I ve had it on the car for a while along with the SW and if feels great. Seems there isnt anything to worry about in the winter too!:thumbsup:

·
Registered
837 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Slight problem here, I had to go too work for an hour or so and missed the UPS man, And I tell you, I was pissed, slip on the door said I missed him by 18 minutes! So I called UPS and they are supposed to call me back within the hour so I can make arrangements to pick up in person this evening when the truck gets back, why cant anything be easy, well come Hell or High water this thing is going on tonight, Josh

P.S. bought a case of beer and some ice and it is melting on my kitchen floor because the fridge is full and I cant find the darn cooler, sure the wife is gonna love this:cheers:

1 - 20 of 43 Posts