BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

Just bought myself an M5!!!

4K views 23 replies 20 participants last post by  SidekickChuck 
#1 ·
Hi all

I finally found myself an M5 after +1 year of hunting. Please welcome her :D

2001, 74000km (50000miles), optioned out as the ultimate long distance cruiser.

- Niels

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
Great looking car (although I may be biased with my silver 2003 M5). I also love that yours has all the "button" options:

Heated Seats, Massaging seats, PDC, Shades, Sport and DSC.

It's a shame the US M5s did not get the option for the comfort seats with massage - or some of the other euro-only options (many of which I've added to mine, or have awaiting install).

Chad.

#9 ·
Weird looking seats.
Congrats!

#13 ·
nice

#21 ·
Hi all

Thanks for all the kind words! I am truly excited about this. I actually wanted a black car buy this looked too unique to pass. The car is also an investment for me so I hope the spec will support the value even better.
I bought the car at auction so the video below is the closest I have been to driving it yet haha I live in China so it will be the family cruiser only when back in Denmark for vacation. Going to pick it up late June...

#22 ·
Amazing that the interior color has survived 70k+ miles! Light colored leather usually had a lot of color transfer from clothes embedded within it, so you have a survivor of the rare kind. Im personally not a fan of both the exterior and interior colors by themselves, but this combos looks amazing!

#24 ·
hahha...sorry. That came out when you mentioned a 2 year old. My car was always pretty clean inside and out until we had our son and I did a lot of driving around with a car seat. The interior got pretty dirty between the ages 2-4 due to drinks and snacks. Luckily I retired the car from kiddo duty after the age of 4 and strictly used my wife's car for kid hauling.

Seat covers would help a lot since that color can get stained from jeans or any dyed materials.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.