BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 20 of 64 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This time, in a safer location.
<iframe title="YouTube video player" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/pwW8f8UUFYQ" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="390" width="640"></iframe>

:M5launch:

·
Registered
1,548 Posts

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
Wow what a waste.. next thread title

"My M5 won't do a wheelie"

Does your mom know what you do to her car?

It may be hard on the car, but since it's his, and not his Mother's, he can drive it however he wants.

Comments like that belong here: Bimmerforums.com | The Ultimate BMW Forum

Edit: Lets try to be slightly more respectful despite our differing opinions. It's what makes this board unique and valuable.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
What a waste,

I always wonder if the burnout videos are a product of "car shows" glorifying the silly "art" of spinning your rear tires while going nowhere.

May be people think its skillful?

·
Registered
719 Posts
Not good, not good.

·
Registered
1,500 Posts
The thing I wonder about these posts is, do people not realize that on the Internet, nothing ever goes away?

For example, let's say I see a car for sale on this forum. If I like the car, I will research the seller and see what kind of post history they have, are they an enthusiast or first time poster? If the former, what kind of questions or issues have they had? Now, if I find that the seller likes to do burnouts, well... you can take it from there.

Or maybe I'm an insurance adjuster, and I'm doing a little research on a claim. Yes, it's true, sometimes they do that.

Just sayin...

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Wow I really wasn't expecting this. I've posted this video on a couple forums and this one, by far, has had the most immature and rude comments. I guess I'll take a couple seconds responding to the comments bellow. And maybe you'll see why I did it then.

I need new tires thread in 5,4,3,2,1:hihi:
Hahahah.

I have 2 more full sets of tires in my garage. And honestly these junky nexxens take forever to burn through. And I have a tire machine to use whenever I want to put new tires on. For free.

Great burnout man.:M5launch::applause:

Wow what a waste.. next thread title

Does your mom know what you do to her car?
Why the hate? this is my car. Not my moms. I may only be 18 but this car is fully paid and insured by me. I do have a full time job in the parts department at a dealership. And I pay for everything by myself. Granite, I still live with my parents. And I have no bills, so that allows me to own such a nice car. That I am very very very grateful for. I never bash anyone's threads, and I don't see why you would want to.

It may be hard on the car, but since it's his, and not his Mother's, he can drive it however he wants.

Comments like that belong here: Bimmerforums.com | The Ultimate BMW Forum

Edit: Lets try to be slightly more respectful despite our differing opinions. It's what makes this board unique and valuable.
Actually the comments on bimmerforums were way nicer than any I got on here.

But thanks for sticking up for me dude! :byee55amg

What a waste,

I always wonder if the burnout videos are a product of "car shows" glorifying the silly "art" of spinning your rear tires while going nowhere.

May be people think its skillful?
Honestly It was just for fun. And show.

I was at a little get together with my car friends. And they were doing burnouts in there Nissans, so I decided to show them what the M can do :noSMG:

My friend decided to film it. And I though I would post on here to show off my ride. I figured that's what the forum is for right?

Just fun and games, that is all. No skill needed.

The thing I wonder about these posts is, do people not realize that on the Internet, nothing ever goes away?

For example, let's say I see a car for sale on this forum. If I like the car, I will research the seller and see what kind of post history they have, are they an enthusiast or first time poster? If the former, what kind of questions or issues have they had? Now, if I find that the seller likes to do burnouts, well... you can take it from there.

Or maybe I'm an insurance adjuster, and I'm doing a little research on a claim. Yes, it's true, sometimes they do that.

Just sayin...
I will probably never sell this car. And If I was going to I would inform the buyer that I do give it a good thrashing every once in a while.

But I would also tell the buyer that this car has been maintained at a dealership since day 1. And that my dad (A technician, and I (parts employee) work at that BMW dealership. And that I have maintained this car better than most people. It has had an oil change ( And flush ) every 3000 since I've owned it. And EVERY wear item and fluid has been changed and maintained like crazy. I love this car and would never do anything to it that I though would bring permanent damage upon it.

And the whole insurance adjuster thing. I don't see that happening.

Thanks for the nice comments guys! And remember it was just for fun. I mean, ultimately isn't that what we are suppose to have with our cars :biggrin:

·
Company Representative for Valley Motorwerks
763 Posts
Granite - granted - 18? Ok it figures. Seriously we see kids, yes you're still a kid like you fairly often. They come through my shop with broken axles, diffs, twisted driveshafts etc. And occasionally completely totaled and sometimes they don't survive, mom or dad has the car brought to us. Coming from a road racing background, I can say that you need to keep it off the streets. Mature enough response for you? There's nothing wrong with having fun but power requires responsibility, and please don't try to convince us you're going to show your video to any potential buyer. Unless it's another 18 year old... This car won't be sold by you, it'll more than likely end up at copart.

I am old and experienced, this is the voice of experience.

·
Registered
2,182 Posts
Granite - granted - 18? Ok it figures. Seriously we see kids, yes you're still a kid like you fairly often. They come through my shop with broken axles, diffs, twisted driveshafts etc. And occasionally completely totaled and sometimes they don't survive, mom or dad has the car brought to us. Coming from a road racing background, I can say that you need to keep it off the streets. Mature enough response for you? There's nothing wrong with having fun but power requires responsibility, and please don't try to convince us you're going to show your video to any potential buyer. Unless it's another 18 year old... This car won't be sold by you, it'll more than likely end up at copart.

Very well said!!

The fact that he decided to call all the voices of reason "immature responses" says it ALL

As far as OTHER forums go, there is a reason we are all here at M5board, to get away from all the other "cool" and "young" crowd on the other forums

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 · (Edited)

You still haven't proven anything. Except for the fact that your old and bored, and I can't spell.

Ok so lets see.

broken axles- I'll fix it.
diff- I'll fix it.
twisted driveshaft- I'll fix it.

Completely totaled and sometimes they don't survive- There is no way I'm going to total my car, or die from doing that little burnout.

"Coming from a road racing background"

Please enlighten me on your "road racing background" :shakemitkopf:

The fact is, what I did was not dangerous. The only thing that I was wearing out on my car, was rear brakes, and tires. Once you get the rear tires spinning there is no harm to be done to the car. Seriously, a hard launch is more stressful on the suspension and drive line than a standing burnout. And that is a fact.

So what was your point?

Very well said!!

The fact that he decided to call all the voices of reason "immature responses" says it ALL

As far as OTHER forums go, there is a reason we are all here at M5board, to get away from all the other "cool" and "young" crowd on the other forums

How in the world can you say that his response was not Immature.

"Wow what a waste.. next thread title

Does your mom know what you do to her car?"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pretty Immature if you ask me.

I do love this forum though. You guys definitely in a whole are a more mature group of poeple. And very knowledgeable.

·
Registered
1,369 Posts
You still haven't proven anything. Except for the fact that your old and bored, and I can't spell.

Ok so lets see.

broken axles- I'll fix it.
diff- I'll fix it.
twisted driveshaft- I'll fix it.

Completely totaled and sometimes they don't survive- There is no way I'm going to total my car, or die from doing that little burnout.

"Coming from a road racing background"

Please enlighten me on your "road racing background" :shakemitkopf:

The fact is, what I did was not dangerous. The only thing that I was wearing out on my car, was rear brakes, and tires. Once you get the rear tires spinning there is no harm to be done to the car. Seriously, a hard launch is more stressful on the suspension and drive line than a standing burnout. And that is a fact.

So what was your point?

How in the world can you say that his response was not Immature.

"Wow what a waste.. next thread title

Does your mom know what you do to her car?"

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

Pretty Immature if you ask me.

I do love this forum though. You guys definitely in a whole are a more mature group of poeple. And very knowledgeable.
I wasn't going to say anything because I figured the other regulars on here had it covered but:

1. Learn to spell, you're not in middle school anymore where your teacher would underline your misspelling and hand you a dictionary. In the real world it makes you look ignorant.

2. Don't come on here and post a video of you abusing your M5 at an import meet and expect not to get harsh responses from a mature forum like this one. I bet less than 1% of the regular forum members on here have said "bro" or have worn their baseball cap with the bill facing in any direction other than forward over the last 5 years. We are adults, not children.

3. You're 18 and you have an M5. The odds that you will kill yourself doing something stupid are already stacked against you. No need to add driving recklessly to that mix.

4. Keep stupid driving like that on a racetrack. I personally don't care if you kill yourself but don't take an innocent person with you as you go tearing down a road that you think is deserted but can't be sure of.

If you are so enamored with bimmerforums then please go there.

Reactions: Rhino

·
Registered
3,085 Posts

This is a response I can agree with. No offense meant to you from my earlier post...

1 - 20 of 64 Posts