BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Just a reminder, lets all be safe out there. A lot can go wrong in a very short period of time.??????

A quote from the M5 owners manual,"DSC can not defy the laws of physics".

I saw this on another forum with no story accompanying it.

P.S. Is that a dual head blinder system I see?

Cheers, :cheers:
Rhino

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Ouch that is pretty bad

·
Registered
310 Posts
Very tragic. Alcohol's not the only thing that can cause this, though. It's winter, which is painfully obvious in much of the country, and you can never be too careful. Even if the road looks clear, if it's below freezing, you can get into trouble pretty quickly.

Back to topic...I'm shocked that M3 got shredded like it did. Haven't read the articles, but that guy must have been going pretty freakin' quickly.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
:eek:h:

There's a big difference between a spirited drive and recklessness. A wreck like this clearly indicates that this guy had no regard for the limitations of his vehicle or his abilities. Advising everyone to be safe is redundant....a wreck like this compels me to remind everyone to be smart. Know your limits and remember there is no need for us to toy with them on public roads.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Speaking from experience here, I bet that 50% of the board think they are experienced, and i bet 90% drive spiritedly on the streets. Being safe and being smart come hand in hand. This accident is an extreme but you can die from a lot less worse out there.

:eek:h:

There's a big difference between a spirited drive and recklessness. A wreck like this clearly indicates that this guy had no regard for the limitations of his vehicle or his abilities. Advising everyone to be safe is redundant....a wreck like this compels me to remind everyone to be smart. Know your limits and remember there is no need for us to toy with them on public roads.

Reactions: JCM55555
1 - 11 of 11 Posts