BMW M5 Forum and M6 Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="640" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/klLDVT9NZEc?hd=1" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

me being a man!:M5launch:

·
Registered
832 Posts
Burnouts Rule! :applause:

·
Registered
561 Posts
Dull question: how do you make a burnout? I mean, do you press Brake pedal while hitting the accelerator pedal?

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Dull question: how do you make a burnout? I mean, do you press Brake pedal while hitting the accelerator pedal?
The only way I know of is to hold the clutch in, in first gear...accelerate to somewhere greater than 5k RPM and let the clutch out slowly until tires start spinning....make sure DSC is off. Be aware though that doing burnouts often puts unnecessary wear on your engine, tranny, tires, rear diff...etc....so do' em at your own risk! :M5rev::M5launch:

Edit: i think what i just described is more of a "peel-out"? ...eh, close enough!

·
Registered
735 Posts
yes, you do need to play with/apply the brake pedal to do a stand-still burnout. :applause:

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
Phaaaaaatt!!

·
Registered
340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for the comments guys!

The only way I know of is to hold the clutch in, in first gear...accelerate to somewhere greater than 5k RPM and let the clutch out slowly until tires start spinning....make sure DSC is off. Be aware though that doing burnouts often puts unnecessary wear on your engine, tranny, tires, rear diff...etc....so do' em at your own risk! :M5rev::M5launch:

Edit: i think what i just described is more of a "peel-out"? ...eh, close enough!

Yep it's really easy.

DSC off. Rev to about 4 or 5k RPM. Drop the clutch and hit the brakes.

But like RodM5 said. It does were on your car, and your rear brakes. So I don't suggest doing a standing burnout very often. But you do look cool doing them :noSMG:

·
Registered
991 Posts

Do not slowly take your foot off of the clutch. This will cause the clutch to slip and you may not get a full hook up the whole time your tires are spinning. Instead, simply drop the clutch by removing your foot from it.

·
Registered
2002 BMW M5 E39 Dinan
2,243 Posts
Just saw this in related videos:

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/Tfj2O-gK-Ww" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

And this one is for the all the ones who are scared of rod-bearing failure

<iframe title="YouTube video player" width="480" height="390" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/FfPc9X2O5cY" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

·
Registered
642 Posts
MFizzle- she looks good. Stance is right, good choice on the front splitter, and I applaud something different when it comes to wheels. They look good.

Want to see some real smoke? Here is one of BLKBEAST, my neighbor. This is also posted on the muffler delete thread. I guess it can serve two purposes. I was actually scared he wouldn't be able to see me while filming this.

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
I didn't realise they did an E46 M5! Learn something everyday! Cool vids though. MFizz great burnout! Makes you proud to be a man lol!

Reactions: timmay77

·
Registered
2,367 Posts
the m5 can make tracks in 2nd, too... but what about 3rd?
I had it spinning up in 4th in the wet! Never again though, a one time deal right there! Some narrow wheels on the rear I reckon you'll get em spinning in 3rd in the dry

1 - 15 of 15 Posts